“Community Games Weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lismore, Ireland
“Community Games Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Our stay in the Sheraton hugely contributed to making our trip to the community games memorable - the staff were welcoming and friendly, the room was comfortable and clean, the pool was great fun and the food deals which were available for the weekend of the community games made the trip very affordable.
My daughter enoyed every minute of her time there and although we stayed for only one night we felt like we had been on holiday.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have never written a review before but feel I have to share our amazing experience at the Sheraton Hotel Athlone. I stayed at the hotel last weekend for my friends hen and we had the most amazing time there. We availed of the weekend deal (2 nights, 2 breakfast and evening meal).
The meal in the hotel was next to none, presentation was fantastic, food tasted amazing and the staff were extremely attentive and friendly.
I had some last minute hen organisation to be done and they hotel staff helped me with any printing I needed. The hen stayed in the top floor suite and it was fantastic, very clean all finished to a very high spec. All the other ladies were in double and triple rooms and again we could not fault a thing.
Breakfasts was a very generous buffet with a serious selection of food.
We tried to play a video for the hen on our tv in our room and when we unable to do so the hotel provided a conference room instead....which made it even more special. (Mark thank you, you have been amazing).
Even though the the hotel had other hens and a wedding to look after that weekend we were made very special. The live music in the bar was really really good also.

I have to say there was not one thing I could fault staying in this hotel. From the very beginning of trying to book all the rooms (thank you Carol) to the actual weekend itself the staff have been so patient and kind. The hotel is gorgous and I can honestly say I would never stay anywhere else when I return to Athlone.

A big thumbs up!!
Thank you for an amazing weekend Sheraton.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Yellow Springs, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This review is for the bad and the good. Overall, my experience was good but there was one very disconcerting part.
I booked a Junior Suite online at a very good rate. The Junior Suites are approximately 50 sq. mtr rooms. Included was breakfast for two and High Speed Internet. I was aware that the hotel offered high speed internet at no charge but felt that paying extra would possibly get me a little higher speed and extra bandwidth. I'm a photographer and transmit images.
Before leaving home I called the hotel to verify my booking as the online room description had changed. I was assured that I was getting a 'deluxe room with a great view'. I specifically asked if it was the same type room I had booked and was assured that it was.
We arrived at 11am after an overnight flight. I had requested early check in and was told that it would be several hours. We got to the room at 1pm. I completely understand that early check in is at the hotel's discretion and have no complaints. However, the room we were given was not a junior suite. In fact, it was a much smaller room on an upper floor. The view was okay but I don't spend alot of time looking out windows. The internet service was also very spotty. Ipads didn't connect at all and the Macbook Pro was hit or miss.
Now for the good.
The hotel was spotless in all areas I saw. The staff was unfailingly polite. The food at breakfast was very good for buffet fare. We ate in the bar two nights and the food was okay and fairly priced. The beer was quite good.
On checking out the staff asked how my stay was and I must have given her a look. She asked me the problem and I told her. She brought the assistant manager who was concerned about the problem. I made it clear that I wasn't asking for any compensation and wouldn't accept any. I think that I received good value for what I paid but I object to being misled.
I Would recommend this hotel.

Athlone, Westmeath, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We celebrated our daughters communion in the Sheraton Hotel in Athlone on 18/05/13. The staff were very pleasant and helpful right from the start, the service throughout the meal and after was nothing short of exceptional. We were all very pleased with the food which was nicely presented and tasted even better.
A really great, child friendly place and the bill at the end was very very reasonable.I will definitely be using this hotel in the future and will recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Superb staff very courteous delivering very good customer service. The bedroom was excellent spacious and well appointed as were the corridors and lift areas . The big let down was the bar and lobby area, the bar was very tatty plus no privacy between seating. The Hotel lobby was non-existent, all in all very surprising for a Sheraton Hotel, it’s as if there were two hotels within one, a poor three star on the ground floor and a well appointed four star on the floors above

Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We selected Athlone because we visited one of the Aran Islands & needed to catch a plane - it's right in the middle so made the perfect choice for our last night. It was only then that we found Clonmacnoise was a short distance out of town. It was great & a high-point of my trip! The bed at the Sheraton was wonderful after all the nights at B&Bs!!! lol I even skipped breakfast so I could sleep late. And the bathroom was huge & luxurious. We ate in the bar & the people watching was just as good as the food! Plus, it's connected to a shopping center & we didn't have to venture back out into the cold, misty evening to go & get a bit of exercise by walking around. Service was good from check-in to check-out. I highly recommend printing the directions on the website if you are driving in; it made finding the parking garage a breeze & DH (the driver) was very thankful that I had thought to do so. ;)

Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Smack bang in the middle of the town. Great spot for weddings. I've been to two here over the last year. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The main bar area is nice and relaxing. The function room is lovely and the rooms are good too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Athlone? Share your experiences!