“two night stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Lisdoonvarna
cork
“two night stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Three friends and myself stayed in the hydro for two nights to attend the last weekend of matchmaking festival entertainment was very good rooms very comfortable plenty space and clean one complaint is when we went to breakfast on last morning they removed all the towels from our rooms i rang reception twice to ask for towels which we never got so had to dry ourselves with sheets off bed.when checking out i complained the answer i got was they remove the towels early as they assumed we would have had our showers before breakfast just wondering when you needed to use bath room how we were suppose to dry our hands

Room Tip: avoid one over where disco held
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Have just returned from a family holiday which included a 3 night stay in the Hydro. The staff were excellent so friendly and helpful with nothing too much trouble. The hotel was spotless and everything from breakfast to check in was carried out with military efficiency. The family room was so big that we all had a bed of our own to watch telly on our rainy day. A big thank you to Willy who arranged our ferry to the islands and secured a discount for us. All the staff fussed over us and our little one making us feel as if we knew them for years - we will be back

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
San Angelo, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

The property is beautifully decorated and very comfortable. The rooms were beautiful with a wonderful shower and vanity. The breakfast was delicious with excellent service. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

Stayed there over the weekend for the matchmaking festival, great fun. The room are old fashioned but clean. Bathroom could do with a facelift, toilet kept moving, not secured tighly to floor, shower was good, plenty of hot water and good pressure. I had booked the room online, got my confimation email and didnt think any more about it until I spoke to a friend that said she had called the hotel the day before and were told that there were no rooms available. I called the hotel to confirm my reservation and spoke to Anna who told me she could not find my reservation even though I gave her reference number and she said that there were no rooms available. Whe I tried to explain to her that I was holding my confimination letter in my hand she told me to call back later and speak to Susanne, which I did. Susanne also told me that there were no rooms available but that they usually get cancellations and not to worry as we would PROBABLY get a room but if not, that the would put us up at another hotel. She said they always overbook. I told her I didnt want another hotel and that was why I had booked that one. No where on the confirmation email did it state that we might be put up at another hotel. I was furious. To make a long story short, Susanne did call me back the following evening and confirm a room as some party had cancelled 6 rooms and she now had one available. Also I think it was way overpriced, I do realize the festival was on, but for €200 for a double room, I would expect something much nicer. Susanne was very pleasant and I realize it is hotel policy, not her fault.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Cork
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

THe room itself was fine...basic but fine...no major complaints here but the food was bad. We got orange juice for starters (weird) and I got the breaded fish which was very much processed fish (lower standard than donegal catch type). The vegtables were Lidl!! I mean if a restaurant can't even make it's own food it's embarrassing!!!!! It was also extremely noisy at all times due to a huge volume of bus tours staying here. If I had known it was a hotel that catered for bus tours in such big volumes I would not have booked. On the plus side the music was good in the bar!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Hartlepool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

When our coach party arrived, it was later in the evening, 9.30pm, than the expected time of 5 in the afternoon. Despite this, the hotel staff greeted us with such friendliness, worked long hours to make sure we were well fed with a mouth watering meal. All week the staff bent over backwards to accommodate our every need and we really enjoyed our trip to Ireland. There was plenty of hot water all day and all night, the rooms were warm and clean and the beds were so comfortable. Some of our evenings were spent in the hotel bars, dancing and singing. One morning one of the hotel management, Will, went out of his way and drove myself and my pal to Willie Daly the matchmaker's pony treking farm where we spent a memorable morning taking in the stupendous Irish culture. Lisdoonvarna has a lot to offer the traveler looking for a relaxing but entertaining holiday, try the town hall Thurs evenings for bingo! you get a lovely welcome, and it's all for the local Cystic Fibrosis charity.

• Stayed April 2010
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

Amazingly efficient staff, very friendly and helpful.
Hotel runs like clockwork,caters for Tour groups.Service spot on , nothing too much trouble in catering for customer needs.
Public areas tastefully furnished with bar and occassional live music.
Rooms comfortable with tea/ cofee making facilities.
Situated on edge of village opposite the Spa, unfortunately the spa is under renovation until sometime in September 2008 village also famous for its annual matchmaking event, held in local pub.

• Liked — Great Staff/ comfort
  • Stayed June 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to The Hydro Hotel? Share your experiences!