We should have stayed at this hotel for 3 nights but after we had been shown our bedrooms (rooms 2 and 10) we felt we couldn't spend one night there and so we left. This beautiful house is set in lovely grounds on the edge of a lake and whilst the lounge and dining room are old they are not depressing like the bedrooms we were shown. The interior is not just old fashioned but worn and tired and needs updating. We did stay at two other homes in Ireland that were also listed in Ireland's Blue Book and they were out of this world. Currarevagh House need reinspecting.
The owner was very charming and polite and we were sorry that it had come to us having to leave on this note.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ireland's longest running guesthouse now managed by the sixth generation of Hodgsons; 180 acres of private lake shore estate, comfortable surroundings offering a unique experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Currarevagh House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Currarevagh House Hotel Oughterard
- Currarevagh Hotel Oughterard