“Highly recommended! - will definitely go again!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 5 Attractions in Oughterard
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Sports
Limerick, Ireland
“Highly recommended! - will definitely go again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

This is a fantastic place for both learners and riders with some experiences! Roger and the girls are all very patient and friendly. The views are amazing and the track is very safe but perfect for a little running or slow walking. We had a wonderful day there today and will definitely go again sometimes! Highly recommended if anyone is looking for horsing riding near Galway!!

Visited February 2012

Limerick, Ireland
“fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

roger was patient and is a wonderful teacher with our 11 year old and the lesson went on longer and his horses and stables were lovely

Visited November 2011
Beaver, Pennsylvania
“Great people, horses, views, and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

I had a great time riding by myself with an excellent guide and horse. I didn't have proper riding boots, so the whole crew went out of their way to make sure I had appropriate riding gear. Also, since I'm used to western riding, they helped me figure out an english tack setup.

The views on the trails were amazing! My guide even took a few pictures for me with my camera. I would highly recommend riding with Knockillaree Riding Centre!

Visited June 2011
Galway, Ireland
“Nice people, range of horses, fantastic scenery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

I've been on a few "hacks" with Knockillaree Riding Centre and have to say they were great. The owner, Roger, was very laid back and nice but hugely knowledgeable and professional - he assessed our riding skills and, as I have riding experience, gave me a horse that suited my skills. My boyfriend, who has only ridden once or twice before, had a quieter horse that was perfect for him.

On one of hacks, we went up a quiet road and then through the brush, up to a point high on a hill overlooking Oughterard. You could see Lough Corrib, the Twelve Bens of Connemara (beautiful snow-capped mountains), and we could even see Ashford Castle in the distance! Another time, we went through a nature reserve forest, really lovely and peaceful, and you could get a good canter along the path. This also had great views of Lough Corrib.

The price was incredibly reasonable, and it's a lovely day out.

Visited January 2011