“Not at all what i was expecting...” 3 of 5 stars

You added Lady Gregory Hotel to your Saves list
Lady Gregory Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ennis Road, Gort, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Gort
“Not at all what i was expecting...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nites and would have left on da second if i could.on arrival we had to wait an hour as are room was not ready,not so good with two small kids..The girl at front desk had hardly any info never told me what time or when breakfast was,never mentioned the swimming pool time or location and also never asked or told us about are complimentary meal...room was
avarage,tidied everyday but never looked at da bathroom which was horrible plug holes were full of hair(yuck) thankfulky we didnt need to use it as we were swimmin n using the showers there..if u wanted a drink ,food or info u had to wait a min of ten mins upwards.the staff seemed more concerned bout talkin to each other about ther every day life...for the three days the same staff ther 24/7...

• Stayed July 2011
USIT21, Manager at Lady Gregory Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2011
Dear Guest . I refer to your comment above regarding your recent visit to the Lady Gregory Hotel and the issues you encountered . Naturally I am very dissappointed to learn of the poor level of service and mis- information received at the reception desk , whilst staying with us .The points you have raised have been met internally and are being dealt by the relevant Head of Departments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Dundalk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

This hotel is beautiful, the staff are very friendly especially the head waitress in the restaurant, I should have asked her name for this, I would love to return sometime and stay for longer

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

Three of us stayed for the weekend at the end of May - a trip for my mum's birthday. The staff were what made it so special. They couldn't have been nicer. From the minute we entered the door and met the friendly receptionist to the time we left.we had a great time. The food in the restaurant was great and the staff there were such fun too - we had a great laugh a lot of the time. Thanks - we'll be back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
USIT21, Manager at Lady Gregory Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2011
Thank you for such a lovely review of the lady Gregory Hotel. I am delighted that you had such a pleasant stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the lady gregory in the not too distant future
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

It has a great restaurant. We had breakfast and dinner there. Very hearty portions and good options on the menu. We felt very taken care of. The only complaint would be the hard pillows. Other than that, a fine hotel!

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
USIT21, Manager at Lady Gregory Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2011
Thank you for your recent postive remarks regarding your visit to the Lady Gregory Hotel. we love to hear feed back and we are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us . we look forward to welcoming you back shortly
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for the June weekend, we got an excellent deal directly with the hotel. We really enjoyed our stay. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The room was large, airy and very clean.
On arrival, we were allocated a room overlooking the function room, and I asked the manager Brian, if we could expect noise over the weekend from this. He said we shouldn't have any disturbance, but to make sure, he immediately took me to see two other rooms in the hotel, including one of their suites, and if I chose the suite there would be no extra charge. I didn't choose the suite, but we did move to another room and we had a very peaceful two nights. The food is excellent in both the restaurant and the bar. The staff went out of their way to help in anyway they could. My husband tried the pool and sauna and said they were just about ok.

Gort is your average Irish village, the hotel is quietly situated at the end of the town. It very convenient to Galway, which was buzzing for the weekend, so it was really nice to take the short drive back to the peace and quiet of the Lady Gregory Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the back carpark.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
USIT21, Manager at Lady Gregory Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2011
It was a great pleasure to read your very kind words review and experiences of the lady gregory Hotel . In particular i am delighted to hear you rate our staff and accommodation facilities . we hope to welcome you back to the Lady Gregory shortly
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

I arrived at the Lady Gregory Hotel in Gort, Co. Galway on Good Friday. I have a habit of going straight into the hotel without my luggage and checking in without carrying in my luggage so if I encounter any problems I'm not taking up the whole of reception while whatever particular issue is being sorted out. I had no need to fear such a thing would happen here. I met a lovely receptionist called Linda on my arrival who immediately made me feel like I had known her all my life. She was pleasant, kind and curteous and had me checked in before I knew it along with telling me all I needed to know without it sounding like something she "just had to rhyme off". A good start........ Then I went out to the car to get my luggage, and although I always have good intentions I never travel light, as soon as I arrived back in reception laden down with my bags another very pleasant and helpful member of staff Brian offered to help me to my room with my bags and guess what he even had a smile on his face!!! Before I even got to my room I felt at home in this hotel and knew my stay was going to be pleasant and enjoyable. When I did get to the bedroom I was equally as impressed as I had been with my initial introduction to the hotel. The room was spacious and spotless, tea making facilities, tv that worked, good storage space, large bright clean bathroom with shower and bath. The leisure centre was spotless and a pleasure to use. The food was out of this world - i was staying at the hotel for 4 nights and would usually leave a hotel I'd be staying in for that length and go to different eating establishments but the food was so good here I just was quite happy to eat here every day - I can highly recommend the duck!!!! Although this is not a family run hotel in a lot of ways it felt like it was. There was a very warm atmosphere and nothing was ever too much to ask from any member of staff from the girls on reception, to the housekeeping, to the bar staff, waitors and waitresses to management. The staff did their work with smiles on their faces which certainly added to the atmosphere. I quite honestly cannot say a bad word about my stay at the hotel and will definately be back for another stay. Full marks to all :)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
USIT21, Manager at Lady Gregory Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2011
Dear Honest Mary, Thank you for your kind comments , regarding your stay at the Lady Gregory Hotel. we strive to ensure quality customer satisifaction and add " the personal touch" to your stay with us .Just one point that is In-correct in your review .The hotel is actually family run ( local business family from Gort ) and is independent from any hotel chain. Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Lady gregory in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

We chose this hotel based on price and location. It was very reasonable and located fairly equidistant from all we wanted to see (Cliffs of Moher, Bunratty Castle, and the Aran Islands). You have to drive a lot on the West Coast anyway. Gort is small but charming. The rooms are huge by European standards. Could be a little cleaner but not dirty. It's actually a former high school, of all things! The pool is nice but a few of the saunas weren't working. The staff was great, printed off some tourist info, gave directions, refrigerated some medication for my mom. We had dessert in the pub one night and it was nice. My parents had breakfast a few times and said it was good (€10 for full, I think). Parking is free. Have already recommended it!

Room Tip: Found on Expedia special rate
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
USIT21, Manager at Lady Gregory Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2011
Dear Guest , Thank you for your review of the Lady Gregory Hotel . i am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that it was so central for your holiday attractions . we look forward to welcoming you agin in the very near future .

Been to Lady Gregory Hotel? Share your experiences!