A surprise visit, arranged by my wife, who (a long, long time ago) learned to drive on the private roads of the estate whilst it was still privately owned. We (and a friend) had a two night deal here with golf included. Our room(s) were in the main house which has the authentic faded Anglo Irish feel. Above average size, with "old fashioned" Bathroom fittings. Very pleasant outlook over the river. The first evening we ate in the restaurant (Kendals) which overlooks the driving range (separate from the main house). Nothing stood out on the menu but overall we had a very pleasant meal. Breakfast both mornings was taken in the Lady Helen restaurant - really lovely room (try to get the window table) & a very nice selection of fresh dishes from which to choose.
For our second evening meal we decided to go for the Tasting Menu with wines in the LH restaurant. A really good choice although some of the dishes were more regular portion than
tasting. Yes I know, we didn't have to eat all that was put before us but it seemed a shame not to. A nice touch was a surprise delivery (not ordered or requested) to the table of a plate of hand made chocs (We think our server must have overheard us discussing a birthday celebration)
We had 2 rounds of golf on the estate which were again very pleasant but we were perhaps
expecting more of a "resort" experience than we received.
Our main disappointments were
1) How grubby/dusty the public rooms were. We also had the impression that guest rooms were only superficially cleaned .
2) Golf : No starter on the 1st Tee with Tees/Scorecard/Welcome etc
3) Golf : No staff in the Halfwayhouse - at Mid-day..........
4) Golf : Ladies Restroom at the HalfwayHouse was not cleaned on a daily basis
Overall : A really lovely place, very peaceful & relaxing. With more attention to detail, this could really make the top 10 of "must visit" hotels & golf.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Juliet Estate Hotel Thomastown
- Mount Juliet Estate Hotel
- Conrad Hotel Thomastown
- Conrad Thomastown
- Thomastown Conrad
- Mount Juliet Estate Ireland/Thomastown, County Kilkenny
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Mount Juliet Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.