“One of the best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stanley House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Schull
Stanley House Bed and Breakfast
You added Stanley House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
South Schull | Schull, West Cork, Schull, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Schull B&B and Inns
Wicklow
“One of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Three of us stayed here for a night. It was beautiful. The house is very comfortable, and the food excellent.
Nancy was very helpful, sorted out our card game!
A sun room looks over the sea, and there is also another sitting room.
We were sorry to only have one night. We will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

If only I could have lengthened our trip, I would have spent more days at Nancy's wonderful B&B. The house and rooms were spotlessly clean. The view of the gardens, deer and bay in the back were so beautiful and a welcome sight each morning. The house itself was quiet plus a water feature was running outside which added to the calming atmosphere.
Nancy's breakfasts were delicious and enough to get us through until dinner time. Her house is close to town, but we chose to drive and had no problems finding parking. We spent the day driving and hiking around the Mizen and Sheepshead Peninsulas. We lucked out with sunny weather, so we had a pleasant time.
We would love to stay here again some day and highly recommend to others. We really appreciate that Nancy even took the time to chat with us one night. We learned a little more about her and Stanley House and felt very welcomed.

• Stayed September 2013
Ennis, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I see one average comment here? are you joking me i have stayed in hostels, B and Bs and hotels all over the world and this is by far the best place ive ever stayed in my life.Stanley house i stayed in for four nights as i was working in schull. The house itself has breath taking views a short stroll from the town,spotless unbelievable clean,the breakfast mouthwatering fresh with a fantastic choice, but best of all the host the fantastic Nancy brosnan and her husband tom the wamest welcome,As she said to me me youll come as a guest and leave as a friend.Never a truer word spoken.
Cant complimant enough 10/10

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was referred to this out of town spot by a friend and I cannot rave enough about it. We arrived late and were recieved by Nancy who is just a delight. They have very comfortable beds and the en suite rooms were good size. The views are outstanding. The location is a bit outside the town center but very worthwhile for the serene/peaceful vistas. They have Reindeer just outside the back. Great food and delightful owners. Next time I visit I will be sure to stay again and will recommend this to all my friends and family.

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

What a place ! Natural beauty , charming ,warm , helpful and consciences land lady . Spotless rooms , great comfort , quality breakfast . Great sea view with beautiful gardens . Excellent value and will return again . Leaving here made me think that I am proud to be Irish because when we put our mind to something we can do it better than anyone else . Nancy Brosnan certainly does all round hospitality better than all the rest

• Stayed August 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We chose this B&b for three nights on the basis of Trip Advisor recommendations and we were not disappointed. Simple Irish hospitality with Nancy Brosnan's now legendary breakfasts and this B&B seems to attract similarly lovely guests.

• Stayed July 2013
Banning, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My sister and I (ages 82 and 76) have ancestors from the Schull area in West Cork, Ireland. Two years ago we traveled to this beautiful area for the first time. And we happened upon the moderately priced (or inexpensive) Stanley House B & B. We stayed there one night and were eager to come back again.

This year we reserved six nights and found the B & B to be as quiet, immaculate, and stress relieving as before. With a sizable breakfast menu my own favorite has become scrambled eggs with smoked salmon! The view from the B & B's sun room is spectacular and includes the harbor and its hillsides, a salboat fleet, perennial flower gardens, deer, peninsulas, and a cemetery with remains of an old church.

So relaxing! I can't remember having a better night's sleep! And Proprietess Nancy Brosnan is so accommodating: "Need an early breakfast? No problem. Need a ride to a restaurant? No problem."

You may wonder if I'm paid by or receive a discount from Nancy. The answer is "no," I simply want to share with other folks the opportunity for a relaxing holiday at my favorite B & B anywhere!

Signed, Judy Kany

Room Tip: My sister and I liked the fact that we could each stay in our own room on the first floor--each with...