“Great cafe service and a toasty to die for!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Schull
Cuisines: Irish, International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Waterside Restaurant( Ala carte Menu) The Waterside Café ( Brunch Menu)
“Great cafe service and a toasty to die for!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

A quick lunch whilst shopping in Schull- restaurant was quiet when we arrived but soon filled up. The waitress was very attentive even sending out for skimmed milk for my cappuccino! We both ordered toasted sandwiches- I had a local Gubbeen cheese with Ballymaloe relish which came with a side salad and house dressing which was gorgeous and French fries. My partner opted for the toasted special which I was assured was delicious( the speed that it disappeared with confirmed this!) I would recommend this restaurant for lunch and I have also had brunch on another occasion which was the BEST smoked salmon and fluffy scrambled egg combo to be had anywhere!

Would definitely recommend a visit- I hear the dinner menu is a must also,maybe next time.....!!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent value and service - made us very welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Having come from Dubai, we're well versed in excellent food and service, but at a price. The Waterside staff were very welcoming and attentive from the start, knew who we are from our phone booking and looked after us well. The 3-course meal offer was fantastic value and the wine list impressive and reasonably priced. Sensed they are keen to get everything right and we'd recommend to anyone who goes via or to Schull to check it out.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
“Good Food and plenty of it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Have beent o this restaurant on many occasions over the past seven years. Large choice of food and huge portions. 6 sausages on my plate need I say more and good value too

Visited September 2013
cork,ireland
“Delicious herb coated cod as a special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Having completed a wonderful scenic tour of the West Cork peninsulas we arrived starving and in need of a good pick- me- up before the long journey home. We were very well fed when we left and very happy about the service and cost. Our food was mouthwatering ( fish) and succulent( steak) and our waiter was both attentive and efficient. Never mind about your taste in decor, pay a visit to this restaurant if you are in Schull and you will leave satisfied by good food and good value prices.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Carlow, Ireland
“Order the lamb!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had a delicious meal at this restaurant. My boyfriend had steak and I had the lamb. I usually struggle to finish meals when dining out however unfortunately for my boyfriend I did not leave a morsel! The lamb was so tasty it melted in my mouth and my boyfriend said that it was one of the nicest steaks he has ever had (huge compliment coming from him as he loves his steak!). Staff were very attentive - service was excellent.

• Visited August 2013