“Fantastic” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rolfs Country House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Baltimore
Rolfs Country House
You added Rolfs Country House to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Baltimore Hill, Baltimore, Ireland   |
Ranked #4 of 13 Baltimore B&B and Inns
New Delhi, India
“Fantastic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

We stayed in Rolfs Country House for over seven days and we found their staff to be really friendly. It is located in a prominent location and have ample parking space available. The rooms were really clean and over our expectations. We hired their 5 bedroom village cottage as we were a big family on holidays and were ensured by Rolfs that our each day is a pleasant memory. I would happily recommend them to anyone

Room Tip: Slaney Valley Lamb is a must try in their Restaurant.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Had a great stay in rolfs last weekend with a group of friends.Food was fantastic and breakfast was fab with a choice of cooked breakfast as well as continental choices.Staff were very helpful and very friendly!Will be back for another visit soon.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I have stayed at Rolfs in Baltimore many times and have always had such a really great time that my mum asked me if I could arrange a trip their for her big birthday so she could visit too... well, she enjoyed it so much that I'm not hearing the last of it a year later...the main thing she loved was the hospitality and relaxed and welcoming atmosphere, also the informality with peoples families and pets most welcome, and, she's quite fussy over her diet but the staff did their very best to accommodate her - she loved her holiday here and asked me to post this as she's not great on the internet..(and yes Tripadvisor, I read your T&C's, my frequent visits mean I have a 'relationship with the owners' but thought its OK to post an opinion on behalf of mum who does not')

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Just returned from a fantastic short break at Rolfs country house and just had to write a review to recommend it to everyone. The owners and staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome, the room had beautiful decor and clean. Breakfast was wonderful (the homemade bread was amazing!!) The food in the restaurant in the evening was really good quality and served by friendly staff. Set in the rolling country side and a short walk away from the wonderful pubs and harbour. Just the break away that we needed and already booked to return in the summer.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

I was actually in reception the day the couple checked out, as i was about to pay my own bill for having family stay in rolfs. yes rolfs is in a country location and the previous comment as to having to pay the full amount is untrue, I personally heard the owner give them 50% discount. As to the fact that the owners are un-friendly is not true! They are the most polite people in this business. On leaving the reception with my mothers bags I passed the couple who let their dog poo on the steps and never cleaned it up. I can only hope Rolf's don't take to much to the previous comment and in fact we all had dinner that evening before we had 3 courses with an amazing choice for 28.50 euro you cant beat that in any fine dining restaurant. we had 2 bottels of wine both under 22 euro and it was great value trust me. I have other friends from around the country who have visited Rolfs with needs for their families and they have all posted amazing comments on rollercoaster-dot-ie. I feel really sorry for the tourist industry with people who have nothing to do but complain and make up exaggerations on their experiences and remember only those who complain go to extreme lengths to damage others shame on you all!!!! on another note the night my family and i where their we where invited to a free drink to celebrate Rolf's getting a AA rosette award for great food all my family and I can say is well done Rolfs and never mind the bigots.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
dublin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I have just come back from what was supposed to be a pleasant weekend in baltimore, by the way i have stayed here before two years ago. I had a young child with me and my husband and dog and after a nice meal but expensive , got up next day and walked in my bare feet into the childs room to find a dead mouse beside his travel cot which i walked on. was very upset and deceided to cut the weekend short as could not relax with the thought of more mice running around. I met the german owner in the garden and she could not of been more rude and unapologetic if she tried. When my husband went to check out he was dealing with the german brother and was made to feel like he was lying and again got no apology and worse still no discount for the inconvience we paid our bill in full € 250 for one night and a meal which was very expensive. If they had handled this situation with an apology etc i would not of wrote this review but feel strongly that they do not deserve business . Also they need to seriously update their shabby furniture and paint the place its run down looking .

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Friederike H, Owner at Rolfs Country House, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
We are very disappointed you felt you did not enjoy your stay with us in Rolfs. We are always grateful of any information people can give us on constantly improving our service. We did take your comments very seriously and on examining the room their was indeed something not very nice on the floor to be honest it was DOG vomit for when we cleaned it perhaps your dog did not travel well, I am sure the experience of stepping in it was not pleasant. However as we ourselves did check it out we can understand how you could have made the mistake. We would love to have you back again in the future and as you know we are pet friendly and had no issues with your dog, which many other guest houses and accommodation do not accept. On your advice all our cottages now have wonderful new sofas, chairs and throw blankets if not lighting the fire and we do repaint the houses every year.
We really hope you will consider us again in the future as you stayed with us before, again thank you.
Cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

My husband and I spent two very pleasant nights in this country house while attending a wedding nearby.Rolfs is a welcoming charming country house. We enjoyed an excellent breakfast both mornings and consequently were disappointed not to be able to sample the dinner menu due to other commitments.An addded bonus was delicious coffee served generously with breakfast.We walked into Baltimore which was a pleasant five minute stroll.Rolfs has a unique charm which we intend to return and sample again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Rolfs Country House? Share your experiences!