“Perfect venue for a small Wedding” 5 of 5 stars

WatersEdge Hotel Cobh
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Yacht Club Quay | Lower Road, Cobh, Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cobh
Dublin, Ireland
“Perfect venue for a small Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

Hotel venue perfect, staff friendly couldn't do enough.
Canapés wonderful, Food excellent Rooms spacious view amazing

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
watersedgeMGT, Director of Sales at WatersEdge Hotel Cobh, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am thrilled you enjoyed your day with us at the WatersEdge and thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.

I hope that you can visit us again in the near future, and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me on 021-4815566.

Sales & Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

We held our wedding reception in the WatersEdge, and we were absolutely delighted with how it turned out. Staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful, food, both at the reception (steak! at a wedding!!) and the next day, was excellent, and everyone had an brilliant time. We enjoyed ourselves immensely (although i do feel a little sorry for the night porter, who was charged with keeping the residents' bar open), and all our family & friends who stayed at the WatersEdge had nothing but good things to say about it. In fact, most of us ended up staying the following night as well. As to its location, the sound of the water is very relaxing, the sight of the ships is amazing, and you're a few seconds' walk from Cobh itself. Couldn't have asked for a better wedding.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for placing such a lovely review of the hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted you enjoyed your day at the WatersEdge and may I also offer my congratulations to you both! It is great to hear such wonderful feedback after having your wedding here with us so thank you for your kind comments.

Hopefully we will see you again at your next anniversary! If I can be of any assistance in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me on 021-4815566.

Kilkenny, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

Cobh is lovely, the hotel is right beside the sea, so sitting out at night you were over looking the sea and could hear it splash etc. the room was fine - though it was facing the road. No one at reception - but there was a note to find sme one in the bar, and also no opne at reception when we were leaving. No real complainsts, just, I don't know, nothing particularly impressive, and ad stayed in places i enjoyed more for less. Also just a few metres away from the Queenstown Story centre, but we had not time to visit. Was a nice treat however to walk from Bus to train and set off at Fota island Wildlife Park . The restaurant seemed to close quite early - 9 I think but I may be wrong.

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
watersedgeMGT, Director of Sales at WatersEdge Hotel Cobh, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry you were not more impressed with the WatersEdge; I cannot see any specific complaints but I understand that nothing really stood out for you during your last stay. It is a shame you were not able to avail of our seaview or balcony rooms, as these certainly do have a much more impressive view. It is also a pity you could not visit the Heritage Centre next door to us - this gives a great overview of the history of Cobh town itself, as well as information on the Titanic and Lusitania.

Thank you for your feedback on our restaurant also; we do indeed finish service at 9pm which normally seems to suit our guests but I understand if you felt this was a little early. I hope that you might think of us once more if you should wish to visit Cobh again in the future, as we would love the opportunity to give you a much better view of the hotel.

If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me on 021-4815566.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

I researched this town, Cobh, as a must visit because of its history with the Great Famine, the sinking of the Lusitana only 8 miles off shore in 1915 and the last port of call for the ill-fated Titanic.
Being also a keen Cruiser, when we discovered that there was a hotel beside the Cruise terminal we booked a 3 day midweek break to soak up the atmosphere.
What we got was a lot more than we expected. However, the Hotel is, in our opinion, not a 4 Star property. One expects a lot from a 4 star hotel and as such it cannot quite deliver the luxury one expects. But by accepting The WatersEdge Hotel as a superb 3 star establishment then what now follows makes this a must visit Hotel.
Firstly, this Hotel IS literally only 200 yards from the Cruise Pier and during the time we were there The MV C. Columbus and Crown Princess (with a combined tonnage of 182,000) arrived with over 3600 passengers. It was fun seeing all the commings and goings, especially the Sailaways and bringing Binoculars really added to the experience.
There is loads to do in Cobh and the surrounding area and even a short 25 minute train ride to Cork City is a picturesque trip. But back to the Hotel......
We dined in twice during our stay and found that the Evening Menu had a good choice, was reasonably priced and quality of food we got was faultless. We sat beside an American couple who were raving about the Seafood Chouder. We ordered the same followed by Seafood Fishcakes. Wow! it was a great meal. Another night Bacon Cabbage/Cream Sauce and sautee potatoes was the night's special. My wife has the fresh Haddock and Chips. And with two generous glasses of wine and a desert, the bill came to only €45........again overlooking the sea for a backdrop. Great value.
The very full and delicious Irish Breaskfasts each day came out piping hot, and not greasy but I do agree that the Coffee could have been a bit hotter!
If you want to splash out a little bit more and get better views book a Balcony Bedroom ( that is rooms 1, 2 or 3) although most rooms have good sea views.
In conclusion, this was a Hotel we would be happy to recommend and return to. It is as they say The "WatersEdge" Hotel. Free Car Parking was included.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review on TripAdvisor.

I was thrilled to see such wonderful feedback on so many aspects of the hotel so thank you for your kind comments. At present we are, and always have been, a 3-star property, however the team here certainly do their utmost to provide our guests with the highest standards of service and quality of food on our menus.

Car parking for our guests is indeed complimentary, and our ground floor bedrooms boast a good-sized balcony overlooking Cobh Harbour - a great spot for relaxing and watching the ships sail by! Hopefully we will see you again in the near future, and if I can be of any assistance in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me on 021-4815566.

wicklow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

I have to say I was very disappointed with this hotel, I stayed there with my hubbie and 2 young boys. We arrived at 8pm on a Friday night and greeted by a not so friendly receptionist, we were given our key and told where the room was. No info on what time breakfast was at or our tickets for Fota. Breakfast time was poor also, coffee always cold and the hotel definitely lacked some atmosphere. The only positive was it's location.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor.

I am so sorry to see you did not have a more positive experience at the WatersEdge. Since your last stay we have a brand new team in the hotel with a huge concentration on customer service. I realise this does not make up for your own experience but I would be delighted if you would give us a second chance to make a better and more lasting impression if you should wish to visit Cobh again in the near future.

If I can be of any assistance in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me.

Cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

Had an excellent value, tasty lunch here yesterday, so nice and staff so nice.A hidden gem try it for bar food or lunch spotless and good value

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Jacobs Ladder Restaurant on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to see you enjoyed your lunch here on your last visit to Cobh and thank you for your lovely comments. Hopefully you will make it back to us again in the near future!

Dublin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

myself+my boyfriend stayed for a weekend in the watersedge hotel. the hotel is ideally located in cobh beside the harbour+beside cobh heritage centre and probably a 5min drive to fota wildlife park but the location and the nice bedrooms are probably the only advantages.. we were disappointed with the service, upon arrival there was no one to wecome us at the reception, i had to go and find a staff member in the bar who didnt even apologise. we booked the hotel with a deal where we got 2nites stay+fota wildlife park tickets+a packed picnic. however we had to wait 25minutes for them to make the picnic even though we told them we'd be leaving at 10am the next morning, the picnic was so stale and only consisted of a sandwich , pastry + a drink, we couldnt eat it. we were never given the prepaid tickets for fota either, we had to pay at the park+then later ask the hotel to reimburse us!! the breakfast in the hotel both mornings was awful, there was no choice or selection and what they had on the menu wasn't actually there, the cooked breakfast+tea was cold. the service was unfriendly, the waitress walked away when i tried to tell her i didn't want meat with my fry. this hotel classes itself as one of the 4luxury hotels in cork, i don't see how. upon checking out they never asked us how our stay was..apart from the nice bedroom + good location, i wouldn't recommend the watersedge hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
watersedgeMGT, Manager at WatersEdge Hotel Cobh, responded to this review, August 5, 2010
In resonse to your comments, during may we were experiencing some staffing issues and shortages, however all these issues are now rectified. Thank you for your constructive comments as it is through these we can only improve our guests experience.

Been to WatersEdge Hotel Cobh? Share your experiences!