“Stay Here!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Cobh
Brewster, Massachusetts
“Stay Here!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Where to start, friendly staff, nice rooms, excellent breakfast and dinner all with a water view at a reasonable rate. Cobh is a quaint town steeped in Irish history. This small town is where the Titanic departed for the US and where the Lusitania was headed. The town has several restaurants and pubs from which to choose. The town landscape is dwarfed by the Coleman Cathedral which is second only to St Patrick's in NY. The cathedral offers tours for a small (your choice) donation. The hotel is in city center and is walking distance to all the attractions and restaurants/pubs. Many travelers were there because family members left Ireland from here. The hotel was terrific and we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the bay, have breakfast included in your room rate.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
watersedgeMGT, Front Office Manager at WatersEdge Hotel Cobh, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your lovely review
Its great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and your trip to Cobh

If you visit Cobh Again we would be delighted to welcome you back

324 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Room was lovely with a great view of the harbour. Dinner was delicious coupled with very friendly staff and reasonably priced.

Great location within walking distance of the town centre.

I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
watersedgeMGT, Front Office Manager at WatersEdge Hotel Cobh, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Guest

Its great to hear your enjoyed your stay with us. its wonderful to hear great feed back.

If you visit Cobh again we would be delighted to welcome you back

Christine
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed for two nights at this hotel and they were brilliant. My husband was taken ill and they couldn't have been more helpful. Their hospitality was excellent. We had a lovely room with a balcony which looked out over the bay, everything was lovely and the breakfasts were a treat. We will definitely be going back!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms on the ground floor with a balcony that looks over the bay
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
watersedgeMGT, Front Office Manager at WatersEdge Hotel Cobh, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to write a review on Trip Advisor

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We also hope your husband is feeling better

If you return we would be delighted to welcome you back

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Second time staying in waters edge and won't be the last.excellent location, food, rooms and most of staff were top class, very friendly and professional. Excellent hotel one of the best I've stayed in for fair price

• Stayed July 2013
watersedgeMGT, Front Office Manager at WatersEdge Hotel Cobh, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for writing a lovely review on Trip Advisor.Its great to hear that it was your second stay with us and you enjoyed it once again

We would be delighted to welcome you back again in the near future

Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for three nights beginning the last day of June. Overall, a delightful experience. The property does literally sit at the "water's edge" adjacent to the Cobh Heritage Center, on the other side of which lies the train station. So for views and convenience, the WatersEdge can't be beat.

I reserved our room a number of months ago--a room with a patio for my cigar-smoking husband. I'm so glad I did as there are only three rooms (I believe) with patio access to the harbor. I absolutely loved being able to step outside and take in the views of this working harbor--the tugs, the cruise ships (three came to port while we were there), and the promenade that winds along the water. Our room had a king bed, desk, plenty of outlets, side table and chair. Drawer space, I thought, was limited, but we did have a free-standing closet with a shelf and plenty of hangers. The bathroom was large and spotlessly clean. I did notice that the tub was very deep requiring quite a step up, I thought, to get in and out. Not a problem for me--just something I noticed and thought might be an issue for some.

I found the entire staff delightful and very responsive. We had a late afternoon snack in Jacob's Ladder the day of our arrival, dinner later that night, and breakfast all three mornings. Everything delicious, service pleasant and attentive. Parking is available on the street in front of the hotel, as well as just a bit past the front door of the hotel on the left. Though the sign says something about parking for residents only, that is the underground parking for the hotel. From there, you will have to bring your luggage back up the hill to the front as there is no elevator from this parking lot into the hotel.

I have a couple of reasons for the "very good" rating vs. "excellent". The hotel has 19 rooms, four of which are on the first floor just off the lobby where we stayed. The swinging door separating our room, No. 4, from the lobby adjacent to our room squeaked horribly--something that caught my attention immediately. I realized fairly quickly that there would be no way we could enjoy our room with that noise coming through the walls. Lisa (I'm sure she'll recognize me from this review) acknowledged that the noise could make you crazy and took care of it right away. After getting that fixed, I noticed that our bathroom door had the same squeak! (I did not mention this--felt bad!). Yet, we could hear other squeaking doors--from the floor above? We put this down to the fact that the hotel does sit right on the water, so perhaps the moisture impacts the hinges?

My other comment relates to the reception area. It's quite quaint with generous seating available for its size and guests did take advantage of this as did I. What I noticed, though, was that it seemed a bit worn...the rug in front of the front desk, the upholstery on the small sofas, the draperies--all could use some sprucing up, I thought. One of the drapery hold-backs was missing on one window, revealing a hole where I assume it had been. This contrasts with the decor in the restaurant that had newer and more brightly-colored upholstery.

That said, I do recommend WatersEdge Hotel and would absolutely stay here again if I were to visit Cobh in the future. The location is ideal, the food and service very good, and the value for the money is excellent.

Room Tip: Patio/balcony only available on first floor rooms. Also, the patio is open with nothing separating...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review about your stay with us in Cobh.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. its a pleasure to hear such nice comments.
I must agree the balcony rooms are extra special.

If you visit Cobh in the future, we would like if you thought of us once again

Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Here for our second night. Agree with all the excellent reviews. Location is perfect, right on the harbor, next to where cruise ships dock and next to Heritage Center/train station. Lovely restaurant with good menu and food. Get a room on the harbour side with a terrace. We had room #5 which is at end of building so has terrace and long window on end - large room and en suite bath, comfortable bed, quiet, wonderful views, friendly staff- what else could you ask for in a hotel?

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
watersedgeMGT, Front Office Manager at WatersEdge Hotel Cobh, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for a lovely review- We are delighted you enjoyed your stay here with us. The views from the hotel is magnificent. its great to hear such nice words.

If you visit Cobh in the future it would be fantastic if you thought of us once more

Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at The Watersedge for three nights and had a wonderful stay. The room was lovely and we were lucky enough to have a room with a terrace which meant we were able to enjoy the spectacular view and also the spectacular Co. Cork weather.

The bed was extremely comfortable and the breakfast was absolutely first class and all the staff were very friendly and efficient. It is a wonderful location from which to explore Cobh and right next to the Heritage Centre which we really enjoyed.

If you are lucky enough to visit Cobh, we would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
watersedgeMGT, Front Office Manager at WatersEdge Hotel Cobh, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for a wonderful review. Its so nice to hear good feedback from our guests. It was an extra bonus that you got to enjoy the weather on the balcony.

If you visit Cobh again in the future we would be delighted if you thought of us once more

Front Office

Been to WatersEdge Hotel Cobh? Share your experiences!