“Jacobs Ladder experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 20 Restaurants in Cobh
Cuisines: European, Irish, Contemporary, Bistro
Good for: Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Jacobs Ladder Restaurant at the WatersEdge Hotel is a bistro style venue that serves lunch from 12 - 5pm daily and evening meals from 5pm - 9pm daily. Early Bird menus are also available from 5pm - 7pm*Jacobs Ladder also features a large balcony overlooking the breath-taking scenery of Cobh Harbour. During the summer months the cruise liners also draw into Cobh adjacent to the hotel, where you can enjoy unrivaled views of these ships coming in to berth. Family events such as Communions, Confirmations, Christenings, Weddings and Civil Ceremonies can also be catered for in Jacobs Ladder. Service times are subject to change from season to season.
GLOUCESTER ENGLAND
“Jacobs Ladder experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The Restaurant is always a delightful experience. The food and Service are very good!
I have breakfasted and dined there on probably some 10 occasions, and have not been ever disappointed.,

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
watersedgeMGT, Director of Sales at Jacobs Ladder Restaurant, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Jacobs Ladder at the WatersEdge on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to see such lovely feedback on our restaurant, and may I also thank you for coming back to us time and time again - we most certainly appreciate your custom!

We hope to see you back again soon, and if I can be of any assistance in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me on 021-4815566.

well travelled
“A seafront Restaurant where the fish go straight to your plate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The Restaurant is part of the Waters Edge Hotel and is ideally located near the railway station which houses the Cobh Heritage Centre, alongside the deep water Liner berth and next to the town centre. The service is great, the staff are friendly and the food is excellent. I had Cod for my main course and it tasted fantastic as if it had just jumped from the sea to my plate.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
watersedgeMGT, Director of Sales at Jacobs Ladder Restaurant, responded to this review, August 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Jacobs Ladder Restaurant.

I am delighted you enjoyed your experience and thank you for your kind feedback on the quality of our dishes and the team here.

We hope to welcome you back to the WatersEdge Hotel in the near future, and if I can be of any assistance in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me on 021 4815566.

Castlebar, Ireland
“Should have gone to The Quays!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Should have followed my gut (feeling) and backtracked but unfortunately did not. Place itself is old, nothing special. Food was mediocre, opted for salmon and cod (supposed to be fresh) accompanied with chips! Can't understand why / how restaurants are unable to provide good quality food even at the most basic level. Chips we medium warm, reheated, not fresh, and as for the oil they were cooked in.......not fresh, same for the fish. Big disappointment. Greasy cod. Ah well, you live and you learn.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Jacobs Ladder Restaurant.

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience with us and rest assured I will pass your feedback on to the team here in order to improve the dishes you mentioned.

If you decide to visit Cobh again I hope you will give us another chance to impress; as your own experience is most definitely not the norm I would not wish to leave you with such an impression of the hotel.

If I can be of any assistance, or if you would like to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact me on 021 4815566.

Dublin, Ireland
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We popped into Jacobs Ladder when we visited Cobh. The restaurant is bright and airy, opening out onto a deck with more tables. The waitresses were very friendly and were happy to go through the menu with us. We had two 'hot sandwiches' with salad and chips and we were delighted with both of them. We contemplated dessert, but didn't have room for it. Excellent value!

We recommended it to my husband's mother, who was also in Cork and she thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Jacobs Ladder Restaurant.

I am delighted you enjoyed your experience and thank you for your kind feedback on the staff members here in the hotel.

Vancouver, Canada
“Wonderful Dinner, attentive service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Fabulous water side setting. Lovely restaurant, very attentive service and great food. Would recommend if you are in Cobh.

• Visited June 2012
Dear Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed your experience in the restaurant, and thank you for taking the time to write your review of Jacobs Ladder Restaurant.