“Best location great family stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bantry
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
dosjod
“Best location great family stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Stayed here with 4 kids for 4 nights in April and had wonderful experience. Location is right in the town so kids could walk to everything. Hotel itself is nicely decorated, Lobby is inviting, nice bar off Lobby, decent breakfast in restaurant and helpful staff. Rooms are nice with lovely view of bantry bay. Pool was fabulous and nice sauna and steam room. Would definitely stay here again .

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

stayed here for a few nights with my family for a birthday.i cannot reccomend this hotel highly enough.the location is perfectly set in a lovely little town with many attractions nearby.the rooms were well equipped modern and comfortable, we all got a good nights sleep even tho there was a wedding on.breakfast was nice as was the meal we had one of the nights and they even threw in a few free drinks on hearing about our engagement. but what really makes this hotel special is the staff.they were all very attentive and nothing was too much trouble for them over our break.thanks again,will definatly be returning.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear derme13

Thank you for your kind Tripadvisor review about your recent stay with us at the Maritime Hotel. It is so nice to see you mention that the team here are what makes the experience speical and I can assure you all the staff will appreciate this comment.

Congratulations on your engagement while with us. Only one question....did someone offer you our wedding package brochure before you departed......always looking for an opportunity.

Again my thanks

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed here with friends two Saturday's in a row! We got an amazing B&b, dinner and spa package. Such good value. The food in both the bar and restaurant are outstanding. Very coeliac friendly. I cannot say enough about the staff. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating. My favourite place to stay.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Dear bluegarnetfrog

Thank you for your kind Tripadvisor review about your recent stay with us at the Maritime Hotel. I was chuffed with your commnets on the team. I was delighted that you noticed that we are ceoliac friendly as we make all the ceoliac friendly breads in house. I will be passing your comments, as I do with all reviews, among the team and I am sure they will be as pleased.

Once again my thanks

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here last weekend and there is not one thing We could fault it on. We wanted a relaxing weekend in a beautiful location and that is what we got. We stayed for two nights and had one dinner and 2 massages included. The bedroom was beautifully decorated and we had stunning views of Bantry Bay from our window. The food for breakfast and our dinner was excellent. The second night we ate in a restaurant in Bantry and regretted our decision, we should have eaten in the hotel. The massage therapists were extremely friendly and we both enjoyed our relaxing massages. Overall we had an excellent visit and would gladly go back again soon.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Avez90

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review about your recent stay with us at the Maritime Hotel. I am delighted that you both had a relaxing enjoyable weekend. I was very pleased that you found the team to be friendly and welcoming and we look forward to having you return in the near future.

Kind regards

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had our wedding reception at the Maritime in April 2015 and can't rate it highly enough. From the beginning when we booked the date, to the end of our stay after the wedding all the staff (but particularly Helen and Fionnbar) couldn't have done enough for us. I was organising the wedding from London, and Helen made everything unbelievably easy for me - she was so helpful. Fionnbar joined us for our food tasting and accommodated every request, and more! There was so much choice on the menu, and all the food was gorgeous. Nothing was too much for them and it really made organising all the details a real pleasure.

The day itself was fantastic - the food was beautiful, and how we were treated on the day was so nice. It all felt so special. Many of our guests came over from the UK and all remarked on how beautiful the hotel was, how friendly and accommodating the staff were and how relaxed and homely the atmosphere was.

In terms of value for money, quality of food and the best service I've ever had in my life, you can't go any better than the Maritime. I wish we could do it all again! Thank you Helen, Fionnbar and Corin for making everything absolutely incredible! :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the bay!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Ciarah G

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review about your recent stay with us at the Maritime Hotel. I am so delighted you had a special day and I know we did actually leave you speechless. I think the only extra we could have done was actually have a player or two appear at the event! Delighted to be of service to you and look forward to seeing you back over the summer.

Kind regards

Cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had a lovely relaxing break at the Maritime hotel. We had a suite, which had a pull out bed in the sitting room, which was perfect for our 2 children (14 & 8). Also had a fridge, toaster, kettle, microwave, sink and cutlery. Perfect for take away we had one night - lots of room. We had a lovely view over bay, with balcony. We ate in the bar one night but were disappointed - food seemed to be overcooked. However, we had no issue with breakfast which had a great selection of hot and cold options. The staff are lovely and were very helpful. We spent a lot of time in the leisure center, which seemed quiet enough even though the hotel was busy. ​Bantry is a lovely quaint town to stroll around - lots of nice shops and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear MagCork

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review about your recent stay with us at the Maritime Hotel. I was pleased to note that your family experience was mainly a positive one and that you had a good stay. I was disappointed that your bar food experience was not up to the rest of the visit and I will be passing your comments to the team so that we can ensure consistancy of our quality.

Once again my thanks for your comments

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Came here for a 2 night stay with my boyfriend & I have to say it was one of the most enjoyable weekend breaks we've ever had. The staff were exceptional from the reception, bar and restaurant. They couldn't have been more friendly & informative. The underground carpark was very convenient & the rooms were modern, spacious, clean & bright. We had a lovely balcony looking out onto Bantry Bay & the sunsets were amazing. Very close to everything you need. We ate in the bar & restaurant & there was a great choice at breakfast time too. My only complaint was the water pressure in the shower/bath was extremely poor. I couldn't take a bath & the water out of the shower head came out so slow. But to be honest I was so impressed with everything else it didn't cast any disappointment over the weekend. So impressed with the Maritime. Highly recommended.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Kara E

Thank you for your kind Tripadvisor review about your recent stay with us at the Maritime Hotel. I was most pleased with your comments on the team and how friendly they are. I note that you had some issues with the shower and we hope that this is now fixed and should be all corrected for your next stay.

Once again thanks for the comments

Manager

Been to Maritime Hotel? Share your experiences!