“It good” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Minsk, Minsk, Belarus
“It good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

It good, we love visitng again, we tour Europe again for vacationes, Ireland seem diffrent so quiet and nice place for chill tranquility, the hotel is fantastic nicely situated in a small town of Bantry, we love it, so are very good, good staff, and the servants are very good.
Bantry approximately 200 meters walk from hotel, had good meal in restaurant and in the bar, the hotel corridors are so nice; I like interior. Very clean, nice bar food I think so great! Ireland is always good, I like Bantry because it's like a village, like a bubble so different. In an isolated community. Very good pool and gymnas, I like it, children were very happy at the selection, they said to me "kogda my vozvrashchayemsya" when do we go back to hotel when we were there so they must like, they are very intret in Bantry because they have never seen anything like Ireland's before.
The hotel have a great reception staff always help you.
The maids and servants are very good at their jobs. Rooms are always immaculate.

As I was coming down to breakfast a woman staff member had fallen down the stairs in the bridge windows stairs near the elevator she looked very hurt so I notified the reception.

But all all all a good time!
I will return if I visit Ireland's :)

• Stayed May 2014
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Elizabeth M

Thank you very much for your kind review on Tripadvisor of your recent stay with us at the Matitime hotel. I am so delighted that you and your children enjoyed your stay not just in the Hotel but in Bantry as well. Thank you for your kind complements about the team here and I will be passing your comments to them all.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This hotel is fantastic, leaps and bounds better than it's sister hotel The Gleneagles. You can tell that there is a great focus on genuine customer service and management make a very clear and successful attempt to make sure that all customers are happy with their stay. Nothing was too much to ask for and all staff went out of their way with any requests such as accommodating our restaurant reservation even though it was full by bringing in an extra table. Thanks to the Duty Manager and Helen for this.The rooms are nice and modern and the decor is gorgeous aside from the very dark corridors. Only one area I would see improvement is needed and that is the wifi signal in the rooms as it is very weak. Other than that I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room on the higher floors
Dear Ronan F
Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that you got the service you expected and that we always try to offer to all our guests. I am fully aware of some of the lighting issues and am working on them as well as the Wi-Fi available in the area is quite limited and have some plans in place to hopefully remedy that also.

Hopefully I will have everything in place for your return visit to make it the perfect one.

Kind regards & thanks once again

Cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed in a 2 bed suite here recently. The hotel is spotless and has a lovely leisure centre. The breakfast was excellent and the children were thrilled with the freshly cooked pancakes and Nutella! The bar is nice and often has music in the evenings. The one thing that it's missing is a nice garden to sit out. But Bantry has lots of places to walk around and visit and the maritime is a great base for exploring west cork.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear MartD74

Thank you for your very kind review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us in the Maritime. I am very pleased with most of what you said and will be passing it to all the team.

With tongue in cheek did you not take a stroll in the gardens out back. We built the gardens about 150yrs before the hotel, I speak of Bantry House Gardens which are open to the public year round. Next visit with us you will definitely have to drop in.

Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed in the maritime last weekend met by a lovely lady named Linda who was most helpful and friendly she gave us a lot of info on the area and made us feel very welcome.Room was lovely and views amazing.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mary2516

Thank you for your kind Tripadvisor review and particularly for pointing out the very positive reception you got in particular from Lynda. I will be passing it to the team and especially to Lynda so that she gets credit where it is due.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we will have you return in the not too distant future.

Ashbourne, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Good location, quite spacious room and bathroom, nice view from the balcony. Room was attached to another one with a hallway and therefore very noisy at night - the neighbours were watching TV loudly. Good food (dinner and breakfast). Michael, who was working in the bar area was very helpful, hardworking and friendly. Structure of the hotel was very confusing.
Overall note for the price I have paid is average, however the hotel is not that bad at all.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Wiola W

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Maritime which you posted on Tripadvisor. I was particularly pleased to see that you found the staff attentive and helpful, particularly Michael. I will be passing your comments on to the team and I am sure they will be pleased also.

I am guessing your comment regarding the building confusion is the seperate blocks that were build and only joined on one floor. Sorry about that but it was the conditions of building in the time.

Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I am slow in reviewing our 2nd stay in the Maritime Hotel as we stayed in December 2013. We had an excellent break 2nd time round to add to our positive experience from the first stay. We stayed 2 nights in December and got a very good deal. Food and service top class again. Staff went out of their way to help us when our car would not start when we were leaving the hotel car park on the Sunday. We will return for a 3rd stay - need I say more?

Room Tip: Rooms facing bay have a lovely view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JohnnydeWolf

What a near perfect header to read when looking at your Tripadvisor reviews. It makes Arnold Schwarzeneggers responce no longer threatening "I'll be back!" Thank you for your very kind review and because it comes from a return guest it makes it even more special. I was particularly pleased to note your comments about team members going out of their way to make sure your car got going again. It is the little extras that make it.

Again thanks

Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We stayed last week and had a great time, the family room had 2 rooms, great views, centrally located in the town. The staff, especially Linda were very helpful and pleasant. Surprised our son with a small birthday cake and gave great recommendations on where to eat and what to do in the area.

Definitely would stay there again.

Dear Pat M

Thank you for your kind Tripadvisor review about your recent stay with us at the Maritime. I am delighted that we were able to be part of your sons birthday celebrations.....you said surprised him with a small cake, I think on this one embarrased him might be more fitting.

Anyway it is all a good bit of fun and you had an enjoyable stay which is the main thing.

Thanks for the comments
Kind Regards

Manager

Been to Maritime Hotel? Share your experiences!