“Lovely stay in an amazing rooftop suite!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bantry
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
ireland
“Lovely stay in an amazing rooftop suite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We booked the suite, what a treat, went with our little baby, which was great as we spent alot of time in the room, so the baby slept in the sitting room section, and we could still enjoy the balcony with glasses of wine, it was so nice, we stayed an extra night! would highly recommend this hotel, and I am hoping to visit again very soon.
dinner was brilliant in the restaurant, lovely pool, and yummy breakfast! we did a day trip to garnish island, which was spectacular trip to a little gem....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear travellinggal30

Thank you for your great review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us at the Maritime hotel. I can only agree with you from memory what the difference a suite makes when travelling with a child. The peace of mind and freedom to relax...... you will appreciate a bit more as the child grows and you have a separate television in your room on a rainy day while they watch cartoons and you can watch something a little more grown up.....

I was particularly pleased that you stayed the extra night and are planning a return trip as that really is the measure of us doing things right. I noted that you have visited Garnish well next time try Whiddy, or the Sheep's Head to Mizen or Goats Path....there really is a lot to see just ask some of the staff to recommend things to do!

Again my thanks

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Kerrykeel, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Hotel was lovely and located in the middle of the town. Staff were helpful and friendly. Room was v nice with a lovely balcony and breakfast was very good.

Negatives: Shower was difficult to operate and took a long time to get hot and the traffic noise from the road outside was pretty loud.

I requested late check out when booking the hotel room on booking.com but this query was not answered or brought up by any staff member. I forgot about my request until the following day when the cleaner came to clean room at 12. I phoned reception and they knew nothing about my request. Lady in reception advised the latest check out time was 1pm. I felt the hotel could have been a little more accommodating with this request as hotel didn't seem overly busy as it was early March.

Overall its a nice hotel in a good location and i would recommend it to others and i would stay here again myself in the future.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear seamussg

Thank you very much for your Tripadvisor review on your recent stay with us at the Maritime. I am delighted that your comments about our crew here being helpful and friendly and that you found the hotel lovely.

I was a bit disappointed that we did not pick up on your late check out request and apologize for same and I will be checking into how it was not on your reservation in order to ensure that this does not happen again. We can offer a later check out facility but we do have to charge for this as it incurs extra staff costs and this option should have been brought to your attention when you made your request.

My thanks again for your kind comments and I will be passing all your comments to the crew here.

Yours sincerely

Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel - it's a very nice place in a very nice town. There's a large underground carpark which is situated next to the the hotel - with direct access - a great idea when you arrive on a cold rainy night! Good spacious clean rooms and very nice bar with excellent attentive staff throughout. There was a bit of a wait for breakfast on the Sunday morning but it was no big deal - it looked as if all the guests arrived at the same time to the breakfast room. The breakfast itself was very good with a huge choice. The pool area is very pleasant and is a nice area within the hotel itself. We didn't have dinner there on this occasion but the last time it was really good . Looking forward to staying there again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear triplover2012

Thank you for your lovely Tripadvisor review. It is great to have repeat guests comment on their visits as you are the ones that can judge from a number of stays and if we are bringing you back we must be getting things fairly right.

I am delighted that in the main you enjoyed your stay and I'm sorry you might have had a little delay at the breakfast and we do run a traffic light warning system at weekends when most people tend to lie in so there is some warning that it might occur.

Your most important line to the team here was "I'm looking forward to returning" and so are we looking forward to having you back!

Cork, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

My two friends and I were down this weekend in Bantry for a course which we knew was going to be very tough.. So we decided to opt for a bit of luxury to get us through the weekend... We had heard that the Maritime would fulfill our needs! Unfortunately we were disappointed.

Firstly our room was nice but dark. We had a suite which was very spacious. However, we were suddenly woken at 3am by our television which independently turned itself on and repeated to do so every 20mins without fail for the remainder of the night. This did not lend itself to a good nights sleep.

Secondly the bed linen provided for the pull out couch was found to have a large dried vomit like stain on it.

Furthermore we were horrified when we went to get a glass of water from our room and what came out of the tap was an opaque berocca coloured substance. However when we informed a staff member about this he kindly delivered two chilled bottles of water to our room.

I'd like to start my next point by saying that we did arrive to the restaurant Without a reservation and they kindly accommodated us with a table. The service continued to be exemplary throughout and it was through no fault of their own that the food they had to serve was beyond disappointing. We were initially told that the duck starter and main were sold out. Then we were told there were 4 starters left.We ordered what was labelled as duck confit as starters and what we received was a sliced breast of duck ( presumably the main course sliced) which was cold. The main course was decent but was served with a potato gratin topped with cheddar which undoubtedly was gone off. We debated at the table whether it was gone off cheddar or whether it was a stronger cheese. We were told by staff that it was indeed cheddar. The malteser cheesecake was completely tasteless. On the upside the staff were absolutely lovely, the service was simply fantastic throughout the weekend and staff had no problems delivering extra glasses and drinks to our room at any time. They even accommodated our individual needs and let us eat our breakfast 15 mins prior to the normal time. But after paying almost €500
Euro for our weekend stay in the Maritime, we expected more bang for our buck.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I didn't expect to fine such a wonderful hotel in Bantry..best value for money! I stayed for one night for work in the local hospital and was advised to book in that hotel .Honestly it was above my expectations,room was so luxurious and well designed ..breakfast was great..recommend it!!

• Stayed February 2014
Dear naderad

Thank you for your kind Tripadvisor review where we surprised you just a bit! It is nice to get these reviews and to be noted for value. I will be passing on your comments to the team here and I'm sure they will be delighted also.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed there at the start of january. It was great expirience. Very nice room. Beautiful interior. Air con in room that you can set any temp you want. Had meal in restaurant and the service was the best we had ever come across. Other hotels should learn!!! Meal was very tasty. Over all it was fantastic stay. Thank you.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Rimantas R

Thank you for your very kind review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us at the Maritime Hotel. All your comments are a joy to hear and I will be passing them out to the team here who I know will be as pleased as I am. Hope to see you back in the not too distand future.

Thanks once again

galway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Nice clean, and good location. Hotel itself is very dark inside with dim lighting. Brash and celtic tiger looking decor. Window catches in our room barely closed the window properly, with a lot of traffic noise coming into the room. Breakfast was great. Car parking underground is a bit bizarre with a very tight entrance. Otherwise good value for money. Staff in restaurant super helpful and nice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear inmet

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review on your recent stay with us. We are working on the lighting which is a result of the Green status of the hotel. As the bulbs go now we install the newer versions with a better quality of light.

I was particularly pleased with your comments on the team here and the value you received. I will be passing your review to all the team and I am suire they will be pleased too.

Manager

Been to Maritime Hotel? Share your experiences!