“Great sea food for parents and welcoming service for little ones” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Bantry
Dublin, Ireland
“Great sea food for parents and welcoming service for little ones”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We had lunch at Trawl with our two girls (3 year old and 8 month old). The food for us was excellent - my wife had very fresh mussels and I had chowder full of fish and pulled pork sandwich. Gareth served us and got off to very good start by bringing connect 4 game over for our three year old. We really liked this place because they were so welcoming to a couple with two young children AND the food was really good. Other nice touchs - water and glasses from fridge; fresh melt in your mouth brown bread; bench tables for family fun.

Cork, Ireland
“Good for a light lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Firstly, the service was very friendly and not over-bearing. The menu is great for seafood lovers. The restaurant itself was tidy and spacious. I wasn't 100% happy with the high-stool seating, which felt a little too high for the table, BUT there were booths available that I could have chosen so my bad! I had a delicious latte and an open crab sandwich. The brown soda bread was very fresh and well baked, the crab tasted light and fresh and was seasoned very well. There was a garnish of leaves with a very tasty dressing. My partner had chorizo and red pepper soup which was a very generous bowl served with 2 thick slices of said soda bread. He also had the pulled pork ciabatta, which was again a generous portion and enjoyable. Ambience, light and temperature was good. Unfortunately didn't have room for dessert but will be back!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cork, Ireland
“Nice for a light lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014