“Best B & B in Ireland” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seamount Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bantry
Seamount Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast
You added Seamount Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Goats Path Road | Glenlough West, Bantry, Ireland   |
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
“Best B & B in Ireland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We have just returned from our 7th year at this B & B which is by far the best B & B we have ever stayed in. The house is beautifully comfortably furnished and the breakfast is out of this world. From cereal, porridge, home made soda bread and scones, fresh fruit salad then full Irish, or omletes, with a variety of fillings, you are full for the day and do not need lunch!! With fabulous view from Bedroom windows. Julia and Charlie are the nicest people who make your stay just fabulous. Charlie is a wealth of information on walks and scenic places to visit. Sheeps head is a quiet unspoilt perninsular with so much to see and fabulous views. Bantry a short drive away is a delightfull small town with a good choice of restaurants, a variety of shops and a large supermarket. I cannot wait to book my nexy visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

About 12 km south of Bantry town, towards the Sheepʼs Head trail, we arrived at this beautiful home. Charlie met us at the door and help settle us in to our room (number 3 on the south side). The quiet and serene setting on the coast was to most relaxing location of our two week adventure. Julia and Charlie provided the most delicious breakfast yet. Made to order plus a great selection of all breakfast fare. Great spot to begin our adventure around the Sheepʼs Head peninsula. If you are looking to avoid to crowds... this is your B&B. A perfect experience!

Room Tip: We ended up in room three in a full-size bed. Comfortable but cozy/small for a six foot couple. Al...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My wife and I recently spent three nights at this little gem of a B&B on the Sheep`s Head Peninsula, situated in a perfect setting with amazing sea views. On arrival we were warmly welcomed by Charlie and Julie, who served us with tea and home made scones, what a treat! We had a lovely comfortable room together with a glorious sea view. On our first evening we enjoyed a sumptuous two course dinner expertly prepared by Julie. Breakfast has to be seen to be believed, with plenty of choice on offer! When planning our walking trips, Charlie`s advice was of great help to us, we had two days of walking along the coastal paths with wonderful scenery all in glorious sunshine! Nothing was too much trouble for either Charlie or Julie, they really went out of their way to make our stay an enjoyable and memorable experience. If you are thinking of exploring the Sheep`s Head Peninsula then with out a doubt, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had a wonderful four night stay at beautiful Seamount Farmhouse and wish I could have stayed longer. The location is absolutely gorgeous and very peaceful. The house is really lovely and what could be better than a pony in the front yard? The room I had was lovely; really large, comfortable, and well appointed - and as another reviewer pointed out, it smelled great! But, it is Julia and Charlie that make Seamount really special. I was greeted like a member of the family and served a pot of tea with scones and jam when I arrived. Charlie is super knowledgeable about all the walks and was kind enough to lend me one of his walking maps. Breakfast is just super: lots of options for a cooked breakfast, loads of toast, brown bread, and Julia's fabulous scones (don't forget to copy down the recipe like I did!) to set you up for a days walking. I had lots of great conversations with Julia and Charlie about what I did each day and they couldn't have been any nicer or more gracious hosts. Seamount is a bit off the beaten path, about 10-15 minutes drive from Bantry, but if you are looking for a great place to stay that is peaceful and relaxing, you will have found it here at Seamount. Highly recommended and I look forward to returning to explore some more of the walks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The innkeepers at Seamount Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast will treat you like a long lost friend. I was welcomed with hot tea, warm scones and homemade jam. My room was lovely and the linens smelled like fresh flowers and sea air. The breakfast was an absolute feast of fresh fruit, cheeses, organic yogurt, brown bread, scones, and if you can fit it in, something hot. I managed to squeeze in a bacon omelette that was cooked light and fluffy. Everything was beautifully laid out, and tasted delicious. The innkeepers are very personable. Charlie even drove me and another couple to a pub in Durras after our long days walk. The following day, for a nominal fee, Charlie drove me to my bus stop to save me the trouble of a taxi. My stay was relaxing and refreshing. The farm animals and beautiful views completed the entire blissful experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Yes, the beds were great, the bathrooms were lovely, the scenery was gorgeous and the food was yummy and plentiful, but what Charlie and Julia McCarthy made this special!
I wanted to hike but came from India, dreadfully unprepared:
They leant me a coat and walking sticks.
Charlie carefully set out hiking routes and showed me how to use his maps, which he leant me.
Charlie introduced me to other hikers and groups so I wouldn't have to go alone.
The McCarthy's checked in on me to make sure I was returning from my solo hikes.
They put my shoes over the boiler each night to dry.
They charged me a single person rate, which is uncommon in the BnB's, which expect 2 people in a room.
Mrs. McCarthy plied me with hot scones and tea every afternoon when I walked in.
They set me up with other possible hikes throughout Ireland as I left.

It was worth every penny. Mr. McCarthy's expertise of the peninsula's paths was worth it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Downers Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Spectacular scenery up on a bluff overlooking Bantry Bay with the mountain covered peninsula on the other side of the water. Our hostess was amazing and their house was beautiful. So many hills to explore by foot or by car. Quaint little villages on the other side of the peninsula with an excellent restaurant called The Heron serving very tasty healthy meals. The house is a short drive (along Bantry Bay up on the bluff) to the town of Bantry, which has many restaurants, pubs, and shops.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Seamount Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!