“Willie Pa's” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 35 Restaurants in Bantry
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Irish, International, Contemporary
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night Food, Late Night, Reservations
“Willie Pa's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

An excellent restaurant. Very friendly staff and delicious food. Great atmosphere and at a very reasonable price.

naomhcolm, Manager at Willie Pa's Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Clodagh,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! Hope to see you again soon!

Tipperary, Ireland
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We stopped in Willie Pa's on the way back from a trip and it was amazing. Brilliant food and service and I recommend everybody to try their burgers.

Aidan R0,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the burger on the night you dined here. Hopefully we will see you again the next time you are in West Cork!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“The food was wonderful!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Willie Pa's has slowly been gaining a reputation as a bastion of food innovation. And I don't doubt that for a bit.
The restaurant is nestled amid the farms and fields of West Cork, a rather unassuming place that’s quite easy to miss on the Bantry/Drimoleague road, the interior will remind visitors of a time gone by with an old style butter churn (Which I loved) situated at the front door. The decor allows the simplistic beauty of the food to really shine, though beauty isn't the only thing bringing folks to Willie Pa's.

The restaurant buzzed with excited energy and was comfortably full with seemingly satisfied Easter Sunday patrons. The service in the restaurant was faultless the staff were very attentive and full of chat. The food was wonderful, so good in fact that we all had 3 courses. I had the mushrooms to start then the chicken and the Pa’s Apple crumble with custard and ice cream. A good selection of wines and beers were available also. Total around 25 euros per person so it was really good value. An added bonus was an Easter egg hunt that took place for the kids whilst we were there.
Though I would love to be selfish and keep Willie Pa's all to myself, the work of all the Chefs and management is too good to stay hidden for long. There’s no doubt a table at Willie Pa's will quickly become the hottest reservation in West Cork.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stittyboy,

Thank you so much for your kind words! Every review we receive on TripAdvisor means the world to us but when we receive one from a seasoned reviewer as yourself it makes it that little bit more special. I am also so happy that the kids enjoyed the egg hunt! Hope to see you sson in Colomane again!!

Kind Regards,
Western Ireland, Ireland
“What a let down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We popped in for a light lunch a few weeks ago. The place was empty, which wasn't a good sign for a Friday.

We ordered Southern Fried Chicken Strips. What I expected was tender, crispy strips of chicken with a spicy (southern fried style?) coating. What arrived was several lumps of dry chicken, overcooked and coated with generic orange breadcrumbs, not a hint of spice to be found.

Chips and salad was OK. Wine (on tap - not good) overpriced. Won't be returning.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
tansd,

Firstly, I would like to apologize for taking so long to respond to your review. I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your experience with us. I would like to inform you that we have changed chef's since you last dined with us here in Willie Pa's and if our most recent reviews here are anything to judge by, I think you will see how we have "upped our game" for want of a better term. I would love for you to make contact with me personally so that we could discuss the issues from the day in question and for me to invite you back to try our menu again, in the hope that you have a quality dining experience. Please do not hesitate to contact me on 02750392 at your earliest convenience if you would like to discuss further.

Kind Regards,
Bantry, Ireland
“not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Passing this Restaurant many times and always wanted to stop for a lunch/diner. Today we stopped and ordered a steak sandwich with a glass of wine. They didn't asked us how we liked our steak, so we got two pieces (not generous) of banquette with well done steak (also not to generous), a bit of a salad and chips. There was so much mayonnaise and rocket within the banquette you didn't even taste the steak. At the cash register I had to pay € 40 (2 persons) Never have been paying that kind of money for 2 steak sandwiches with a glass of wine.

Defo not going there again.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
naomhcolm, Manager at Willie Pa's Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Harold H;

My apologies that you did not enjoy your dining experience here with us. Firstly i would like to address the wine. We charge €6.50 per glass for our "Wine on Tap" which is a 187ml measure, as standard in many restaurants. After your review, I would like you to know that we have removed the "Steak Baguette" from our lunch selection. I do agree that there was too much mayo and rocket in the baguette on the day. We cook all Steak Baguettes to medium/well, because of the fact that they are cut into strips, I was on duty myself and should have asked if you would prefer it any other way. The chef on duty on the day in question also duly informs me that there was an 8oz Sirloin steak in each baguette. The one thing with your meal that I was totally dissatisfied with was the quality of bread, hence the reason we have removed the steak baguette from our lunch menu, until we find a suitable replacement. I urge you to return and try us again at some point. We have made many changes here to our menu since your last visit, and I do think you would enjoy it if willing to try again. Hopefully you may think of us again in the future.