“good food, great atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 23 Restaurants in Skibbereen
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Welcome to The Eldon Bar, Pizzeria & Grill, Skibbereen's newest venue for the very best in quality rustic food, drink and entertainment. The Eldon is the new home of The Oak Fire Italian Pizzeria, West Cork's favourite brick oven pizza.
Clonmel, Ireland
“good food, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I were in Skibbereen over the weekend and had a beautiful meal in this pub. Staff were friendly and helpful, the menu was quite broad and the food we did order was delicious. I had the fish and my wife had the burger. Both meals were big hearty portions, the food was fresh and tasty, and my fish was cooked beautifully. The atmosphere was quite relaxing in there and we stayed on for a few drinks and had a really great night. After having a poor experience in a neighbouring establishment the evening before this place was a tonic.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“lovely fresh cooked food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

On our first night in Skibereen we had our evening meal at the Eldon
it was a nice Pub the food was very fresh you could tell it wasn't just heated in a Microwave and it was served with a lovely fresh salad,The pub was friendly .Unfortunately we encountered an annoying English woman who attached herself to us.We were wary of her motives so we had to leave to get rid of her.It was a shame as it was a nice Pub.

Visited September 2013
Limerick
“Hidden gem in Skibbereen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The Eldon is a big place just a few steps from the centre of the town but quietly out of the way of the hustle and bustle which means that not a lot of people visiting might not realise its there! Luckily it was recommended to us by the woman who owned the BnB we were staying at.

The menu is pretty broad, there was something for everybody in the group I went with. I had a pizza with the garlic bread sticks to start - oh my I'd the breadsticks! They are Heavenly and came with 2 dips. The pizza was lovely too, a nice thin crust with lots of toppings and gooey cheese.

My mother had the fish and my dad had a burger which they both said were delicious, other dishes ordered were carbonara - huge portion with delicious garlic bread, Caesar salad which was lovely and fresh and steak which is hard to get wrong but they do it very right!

While we were staying in Skibbereen we dined in a number of different places for both lunch and dinner but nothing compared to the eldon. The atmosphere in there was so relaxing and encompassing, after dinner there was live music so we stayed for a few drinks and had a great night, we even ended up going back again the next night. Next time I'm in Skibb, the Eldon will be my first stop!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“WEST CORKS FINEST!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The team of Chris and Mr Long as they call him has left nothing to imagination!!! The décor, the charm, the taste and the buzz ....all melts down here at the Eldon.

Eldon is not only a hotel, a restaurant but history in motion. The only hotel that connects the republic of this Island to the turbulent past and to the present peace that awashes the entire the landscape of west cork.

To write a bit about food in Eldon one has to write about Chris Woley who is behind that magic This is a man who spend years and years in Paragon bar, leading it from heights to heights to a plateau of culinary excellence in this small market town of west cork. He helped to plan and execute the ever popular menu designs of paragon bar and Bistro before moving over to Eldon....another feather of success in Chris Woley's hat! He has that charm, the Panache and the energy that a customer can expect the very best of him even in the wee hours of a cold and dark west cork winter. He so polite that he even once gave me milk on my way home to make my self a cup of tea to keep my self warm, on a very cold and fogy December night!!. That's hospitality!!! That's Chris for you!!

Eldon hotel, this is a hotel where you going to taste, enjoy and experience west cork!! The hotel itself is a rustic hotel, history is in its every brick, so if you are visiting Ireland or cork, to know it first hand, forget about five star hotels and suites......Eldon gives you all.

For returning Americans... this is not only a place to experience the cork hospitality but take a few leads from Mr Long or Mr Chris woley himself to find out your ancestral roots!! A must for the Americans!! And when it comes to food....just ask Chris what you want...he is there to give you exactly that.....don't mind menus or tabloids!!!.He worked with me....and believe me....he knows more about food than me...my self being a chef working in a 2 AA restaurant in Dublin!

Finally....Mr Long..is a master Pizza craftsman....he and his yank friend is a true blessing to skibbereen....they can give you the Pizza that you never even heard or tasted!!!

Good Luck guys.....

Se you around

Your friend.

BOSS.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cork
“Always a positive experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

As a favourite dining spot of ours, one can always guarantee excellent quality food. Their menu is extensive catering to all tastes and is particularly accommodating for coeliacs as gluten free options are labelled on the menu. We have always found the service to be prompt and both the waiting and bar staff are particularly friendly and helpful.The Eldon is also home to a great social scene that I would strongly recommend. My only complaint would have to be the rather unpleasant smell from the bathrooms but on more recent visits it appears this problem has been resolved.

• Visited July 2013