“Beautifly,Ecentric,Eclectic,” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bridge House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Skibbereen
Bridge House
You added Bridge House to your Saves list
Bridge Street, Skibbereen, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 12 Skibbereen B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“Beautifly,Ecentric,Eclectic,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We didn't book this a relative did .What a fabulous treat we were greeted by the warm and wonderful Mona.Who showed us to our rooms on the way we bumped into a few permanent residents dressed in Victorian attire.
The rooms were wonderfully wacky and OTT and its true there is a Bible tucked between 50 Shades of Grey and its Sequel everywhere you looked there was many a curiosity .After we chose which rooms which was quite simple really as the one we wanted the others couldn't handle the 70s style wallpaper we were shown the bathroom.Which was again full of beautiful furniture. A thoughtful but unobtrusive host .With the best Breakfast ever with fresh just made bread and local produce. Served with edible flowers from the amazing foliage that adorns the front of the Building. We went to take our Grans Ashes Home and Mona Helped us find the places we needed and even. Gave us some Holly water.

Room Tip: Just tell Mona What your in to .There will be one for you.Rooms at the back would be quieter but alt...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Mona set us up in one of her best rooms with only a couple of hours notice. The room was lovely and romantic. Mona is an excellent hostess serving a fabulous breakfast with her charm and hospitality. Her house is very intriguing and artistic. Definitely worth a visit!

Room Tip: It is on a busy street so if noise bothers you, ask for one of the rooms that do not overlook the st...
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The room's were clean, the breakfast was delicious and filling, the decorations were intriguing and filled the house with character.

Best of all was the warm hospitality. We came for the food festival but stayed for Mona's great company! If you're lucky, you might get a glimpse of Ringo Star too!

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Bridge House for an amazing weekend, made all the better because of Mona Best. We felt like we were visiting family and she was lovely. I loved the unusual decor and all the little touches she provided to make our stay with her enjoyable and memorable, not to mention the outstanding breakfast she cooked. I would recommend her bed & breakfast highly to anyone thinking of making a trip to Skibbereen. We hope to return very soon in the near future and wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else but at Bridge House.
Dolores and Diarmuid

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Ringo Star met us at the door with a warm welcome! Mona is absolutely amazing!!! The room was wonderful and very peaceful. I loved the fresh flowers but the Irish hospitality was by far the best!!!!! I wish we had time to stay here a week! Thanks for making us feel at home! Jim and Eileen

• Stayed August 2013
Cincinnatus, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

It was lovely, homey and helpful. Mona gives light and heart to Skibbereen. If all the businesses could only know how she refers so many to them, whether they are other B&B's, restaurants, shops and/or services of any kinds. I saw it all. The love of guests and her community, the time she takes to meet individual touring or vacationers needs - or in my case - research. What an uplifting experience. And I was so delighted to see Mona on her bicycle, dressed lovely with her colorful basket filled with food and goods from the nearby market and shops. Being there allowed me to work conveniently with the Skibb Historical Centre and use and be welcomed at the Library. From there I did the islands and Loch Hyne. The restaurants were great and Apple Betty's for yummy gluten free, lactose free lunches. The farmers market - I walked. The fair and horse show - I walked. I walked. I lost 5 pounds even while having marvelous dinners and lunches and her very own TA DAAAAH Mona Best very best breakfast. I'm going back. - Susan from Cincinnatus NY

Room Tip: I wanted the qoietest most private room and was given the garret with an enormous swing up window ov...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is not a regular b&b - it's stuffed with its owners slightly eccentric taste - retro styles, mannequins, cushions everywhere, flower petals strewn around - and it'll make you laugh out loud (a bedside bible lies on top of a copy of 50 Shades of Grey). But it's also clean and comfortable and Mona is simply lovely. The breakfast which is a formidable size, is organic, local and very well cooked. As good as I've had. I didn't eat for the rest of the day. The whole thing is an experience not to be missed.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Bridge House? Share your experiences!