“Paradise Hotel and Resort on the beautiful Ring of Kerry” 5 of 5 stars

A Room with a View
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Sneem
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dublin, Ireland
“Paradise Hotel and Resort on the beautiful Ring of Kerry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

What a beautiful Hotel in a spectacular and wonderfully scenic location right on the sea!
This Hotel went way beyond our expectations in terms of quality, comfort, food and service.
The Management and staff were most helpful and accommodating.
Is is one of the nicest Hotels that we have ever stayed in!
There are also two-bedroomed Apartments and three-bedroomed Villas in the Hotel grounds, to suit family groups.
We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We had a beautiful room in the House, overlooking the sea!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Generalmanagerpark, General Manager at Parknasilla Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear David K,

Thank you for sharing such wonderful feedback following your stay at Parknasilla Resort & Spa. It was truly delight to read your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to sharing your comments with all the team who work very hard. I hope to welcome you back to Parknasilla Resort & Spa in the very near future.

528 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Only just back from a most wonderful stay in beautiful parknasilla resort.It was my first visit and it certainly won't be my last.Yes the weather was beautiful and it did add to our enjoyment of the stay.But too be honest it could have been monsoon weather outside ,it would have still been a wonderful stay.The scenery, the small beech ,the woodland walks, the swimming inside and out ,the boating lane and the spectacular views were brilliant.The hotel itself is old style antique,beautiful library and bar .The restaurant was in itself lovely and the views as you eat breathtaking.The food was excellent a wonderful choice for a package.But I suppose there is one thing that makes a hotel it's the staff you employ,I have stayed in many hotels at home and abroad ,but the staff in parknasilla are outstanding.Nothing and I mean nothing was a bother,there was a smile and a hello ant time you meet them.They work very hard and at times the pressure was on .But very professional for what seemed in general a young staff team.So well done to all and keep up the good work,we will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in a standard room.Walls Bit thin ,but I do know the have much superior rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Generalmanagerpark, General Manager at Parknasilla Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear John M,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review of your recent stay with us at Parknasilla Resort & Spa. It was a pleasure to read your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and availed of all the hotel has to offer. I am very proud of the team here, who work very hard, and I look forward to sharing your very kind comments with them. I hope to welcome you back to Parknasilla very soon.

Warmest regards
Irealnd
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Yet again the Parknasilla never fails to disappoint. I'd recomend staying in an executive room as ours was outstanding with unreal views of the sea. The food was excellent in the restaurant using local produce (Sneem black pudding was lovely!). All the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome and nothing was too much trouble. Swimming off their private beach (nice & quiet) and Kayaking across Kenmare Bay from the pier were highlights! Just go! ..now!

Room Tip: Rooms in main house are beautiful
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear fitzy77,

Thank you for sharing such lovely feedback following your stay. Your review was truly a delight to read and I am thrilled that you enjoyed yet another stay with us here at Parknasilla Resort & Spa.Thank you for your kind comments regarding the team, who work very hard, and I look forward to sharing your review with them. I hope to welcome you back again to Parknasilla in the very near future.

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

If you want peace, quietness, miles of well-kept nature walks (seashore and woods), a fairy walk, a nice spa, great food, a great old manor style Big House with fireplaces, library and a stunning location, parknasilla is the place to go. The rooms however don't live up to the greatness of the rest of resort, they are quite disappointing. I complained about the noise as our room was opposite the staff's store room (my health requires a long nap in the afternoon) and we were given a superb more modern luxurious 5* room (must have been an upgrade). Front desk staff are extremely helpful and efficient, especially Georgina - thank you :-)

• Stayed July 2013
Generalmanagerpark, General Manager at Parknasilla Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Gettoknowtheworld,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments of your recent stay at Parknasilla Resort & Spa. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity to avail of all the hotel facilities. I was disappointed to read that you did not like your bedroom however I am delighted to note that we were able to offer you a complimentary upgrade. While some of our rooms have been refurbished recently we are continually trying to improve our product where possible. I look forward to sharing your comments with all the staff here especially Georgina who is a great asset to the team. I hope to welcome you back to Parknasilla resort & Spa in the future.

Warmest regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Woodland Villas at Parknasilla for a week. I cannot recommend the resort highly enough. The staff were wonderful, especially Rosie in the supervised playroom, whom my three year old son took a real shine to. The facilities are fantastic - we really enjoyed the pool and the spa. The food in the hotel was also wonderful. In particular, my husband and I had an excellent meal in the dining room that surpassed my expectations with the delicious local produce expertly cooked. The real winner is the resort's location - we thoroughly enjoyed the many walks, especially the fairy walk. Magical! We have stayed in the self catering options I a number of resorts - Fota, Castlemarytr, Doonbeg, Sheen Falls but I really think this was the best overall package. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear DreamingofKhaolak,

Thank you so much for finding the time to share such lovely feedback with us. I was delighted to read of your wonderful experience while staying with us here at Parknasilla Resort & Spa. We have an excellent team here and I will pass on all your wonderful comments to them, especially to Rosie in our supervised play area. I look forward to welcoming you and the family back in the very near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was a very impressive hotel. The grounds have miles of wonderful hikes/walks and really nice ocean views and luxury accommodations. The bar and restaurant also very posh. We did not get the chance to use the spa although it looked very nice. We thought it was a good value in comparison to other European countries.

Stayed June 2013
Generalmanagerpark, General Manager at Parknasilla Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Tina S,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your review of your stay at Parknasilla Resort & Spa. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience, especially our many walks and seaviews. I look forward to sharing your comments with all the team here. I hope to welcome you back to Parknasilla in the future.

Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The gardens provided great walks and the water was gorgeous. The room was also very classic in its decorations. We unfortunately were unable to take advantage of the spa amenities due to arriving late and having extensive plans while we stayed at the hotel. Breakfast was very nice as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Cory S,

Thank you for your lovely review. It was a pleasure to read your feedback on your stay and that you enjoyed our many walks throughout the resort. I hope to welcome you back to Parknasilla Resort & Spa in the very near future and I hope you will be able to stay longer to enjoyed our many facilities.

Ruth O'Sullivan

Been to Parknasilla Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!