“Lovely break from reality” 5 of 5 stars

€25 Spa credit
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Sneem
GreenLeadersSilver level
Limerick, Ireland
“Lovely break from reality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Enjoyed a 24 hr break from bills, kids and cooking... Parknasilla feels so removed from the hustle and bustle of a normal day. Sitting in the hot tub looking out at the mountains was lovely and so tranquil. The food was excellent and the dining room overlooking the Bay is lovely. The manager Ruth O Sullivan was very charming and personable as were all the staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Generalmanagerpark, General Manager at Parknasilla Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Edentate,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay at Parknasilla Resort & Spa. I was delighted to read that you had a relaxing break here. Thank you for all your kind comments and I look forward to sharing them with the team here. I hope to see you back in Parknasilla in the very near future.

Ruth O'Sullivan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was our first time staying in Parknasilla - we rented a 3 bed house over Easter.
Our booking was based on price.
So with great expectation we headed off with our 4 children. We were not disappointed. The houses are beautiful, clean, spacious & well equipped.
We cooked every night & the kitchen was well stocked with cooking utilities.
We went swimming & walking ever day.
We went on the guided tour, which was a great success, the children loved the lady who showed us around & we learnt loads.
My only gripe would be the food, and I almost feel bad mentioning it.
We treated our children to breakfast in the hotel one morning & we all felt the breakfast was poor. Our children ordered pancakes & nobody ate them..they were not nice.
I had lunch one afternoon & I though it was poor, it was a curry. I also felt the waiting staff were inexperienced - forgetting drinks etc., I do think it is a real missed opportunity for the hotel, as it is a treat to head out for a meal.
Notwithstanding the above, we had a super time & would highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Failte23,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay at Parknasilla Resort & Spa. It was lovely to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and availed of all the hotel has to offer. We always receive great reviews about the food here and I was disappointed to note your comments about your experience. I will certainly pass them on to our Chef as we pride ourselves on providing the highest standards. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Parknasilla in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Spent a few days here. I loved it peace and beauty combined. Hotel itself lovely old world gorgeous roaring fires beautiful rooms friendly staff and the food was excellent. Outside fantastic views lovely walks Very well laid out really enjoyed and hope to return soon

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Joan C,

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent stay at Parknasilla Resort & Spa. It was wonderful to read about your stay here and I am delighted that you enjoyed it. Thank you for your kind words about the staff, I am very proud of the team here and I look forward to sharing your comments with them. I hope to welcome you back to Parknasilla in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have stayed with Parknasilla four times since 2004 and every visit is always a pleasure. I cannot recommend this hotel enough. It contains enough old world charm and genuine hospitality to help you feel completely relaxed, while also offering some newer facilities such as a beautiful spa and swimming pool overlooking the ocean. The staff are it's greatest asset, and many of them have worked for Parknasilla for many years giving it a homely and genuinely friendly atmosphere.

I keep coming back to Parknasilla, each time for a little bit longer!

Room Tip: If you can book during a quiet period, such as midweek, request a room in the older part of the hote...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ruth G,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Parknasilla Resort & Spa. It was lovely to read that you have stayed with us many times and have always enjoyed your time here. I am very proud of the team here and I look forward to sharing your very kind comments with them. I hope to welcome you back to Parknasilla in the very near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Went here for a weekend break last year with my husband to celebrate his retirement. The location of the hotel couldn't be better. The grounds are beautiful with lots of well-marked paths through the woods. The hotel itself however is in serious need of renovation. The carpets and furniture are past their sell-by date. The staff are very helpful and pleasant at all times. Breakfast and dinner in the conservatory was excellent with a beautiful view across to the Beara Peninsula.

What a pity this lovely hotel is not properly maintained.

Room Tip: Book a room at the front for a view of the bay.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear agho99,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review of your stay at Parknasilla Resort & Spa. It was a pleasure to read about your stay here and I am delighted that you both enjoyed all the hotel has to offer including our wonderful walks. While some of the rooms have been refurbished we are continually improving our product where possible. I look forward to sharing your comments with all the team and I hope to welcome you back to Parknasilla in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I went there with husband and child and we got a lovely room, with a children's room just off it, so plenty of space for families right off. Over two days we went for about 2.5 hours of walks around the area of the hotel and the "fairy" walk was a big hit with my child. The walks were amazing and we were blessed with some decent weather, no rain thankfully. We didn't eat there in the evening, but lots of kids and families were eating in the bar with more formal diners in the restaurant. We had the nicest breakfast we've had in years in a hotel, with very very tasty selection of breads, fruits, nuts and cereals as well as the Irish breakfast and fish options. The only gripe i would have, and i found this to be a litle "anti children" was that you could not bring them to the pool before 10 in the morning. I find that children wake early and want action straight away. having to shower, dress for breakfast, back to room, change for pool, back to room and change again is a bit of a drag. I think they need to relax that rule a little. Otherwise a very positive experience and would love to stay there again. In fact, thinking of booking it as a birthday present for somebody special soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Generalmanagerpark, General Manager at Parknasilla Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Dominoe39,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay at Parknasilla Resort & Spa. I was delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay here and availed of all the hotel has to offer including our Fairy Trail. Our swimming pool is open from 8am to 8pm daily and children are welcome in the swimming pool from 10am to 6pm daily with last entry at 5.30pm. This is very generous as we also need to allocate time for adults who stay without children. I look forward to welcoming you back to Parknasilla resort & Spa in the very near future.

Derby, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I decided to stay overnight here and got a good late availability deal on the Hotel's own website.

The hotel has lots of character and is in a great location overlooking the sea. We took advantage of the views with a walk along the Islands Trail.

The modern spa facilities are lovely, with outdoor hot tubs and great sea views.

The staff were very helpful and the food in the restaurant was of a very high quality.

We had a 'mountain view' room, which was large, quiet, clean and comfortable. The en suite fittings were a little old compared with some newer hotels I've stayed in, but we had booked one of the cheaper room options.

The staff were great and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pauline J,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay at Parknasilla Resort & Spa. It was wonderful to read about your stay here and I am delighted that you both enjoyed it. Thank you for your kind words about the staff. I am very proud of the team here and I look forward to sharing your comments with them. I hope to welcome you back to Parknasilla again in the very near future.

Ruth O'Sullivan

Been to Parknasilla Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!