“Perfect place for the ring of kerry” 5 of 5 stars

Laune Bridge House
Killarney Road, Killorglin, Ireland   |
Ranked #8 of 16 Killorglin B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“Perfect place for the ring of kerry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Loved this B&B. Tina is a lovely hostess, and served a fab breakfast quickly prepared. Loved the town. Will stay here the next time I'm in SW Ireland. Such a much nicer place to start your ring of kerry tour than killarney.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

After a long tiring day climbing Carantoohill, we arrived at Laune House three hours later than what we told the owner. We received the warmest welcome from the owner with the biggest smile. After a very prompt check in we were shown our rooms, which were immaculate, spacious and full of personal touches. Breakfast was generous and freshly cooked. I would highly recommend this B&B location, accommodation and service.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Gloucester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We turned up unannounced and quite late in the day but were welcomed so lovely by Tina the owner. Straight away, she made us feel as though we had known her for years. Such a gorgeous place to stay with a view overlooking the River Laune. The rooms were lovely. Beds comfortable and the place spotlessly clean. Breakfast in the conservatory overlooking the river was superb. We had only intended staying the one night, but after another days travel the next day, we decided to make a special detour and stay there the next night too. It meant driving some miles out of our way and messing up our planned route, but it was so worth the extra effort.
Excellent value for money
I have to give this lady a 100% rating for her gorgeous home. Many thanks Tina for a wonderful stay. We will be back again next year hopefully

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Really nice B&B, fantastic host, excellent service, nothing was too much bother.

I arrived late on Tuesday evening, but Tina took her time showing me around, making sure the kettle was on for a coffee. I had a big double room with a bit ensuite bathroom at the back of the house, and it was so quiet. If you live in a city, this place might just be too quiet for you. I loved it. Bed was very comfortable, room was nice and warm, Tina had given me an extra radiator I could use if I wanted, but that was not necessary.
Breakfasts was great, I had the best coffee I've had in any hotel, freshly made, as opposed to the stuff they serve up in 5 star Hotels that has been left brewing for hours.
My room was very clean, no black mould anywhere (one of my pet hates).
I really enjoyed my stay here, and it was easy to pay using my credit card. Tina even left out a tray for me as I was departing very early on my last day, which was so sweet of her, so I managed to get breakfast before I left for the Airport.
Thank you so much Tina, keep up the great work.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I've been lucky enough to have visited Ireland a number of times, but this was my first time in Killorglin and I stayed at this quaint, family run B&B. I loved the view, so peaceful and therapeutic. I had a lovely room, beautifully presented, and then there was the host who made me feel so welcome, nothing was too much trouble - even loaning me her own phone charger when I'd forgotten mine. Highly recommend the Laune Bridge House B&B, it will be top of my list when I go back to Killirglin.

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this beautiful B&B on a number of occasions now and have only ever had great experiences. We always receive a warm welcome from Tina, the host. We have always stayed in a beautifully presented double room which looks out on to the River Laune which is a lovely setting for relaxing and catching up on some reading. The living room is spacious and homely with a roaring open fire where we can relax with our tea and coffee. The beds are extremely comfortable and I have always had a good nights rest. There is a choice for breakfast and we usually go for the scrumptious fry up which sets us up for the day. I have always found Tina very approachable and willing to help with any queries we have. Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed February 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I recently had the terrible misfortune of stayed in this fridge freezer....this b and b was so cold it was beyond a joke, I stayed here and the central heating was not put on for the whole duration, hence there was mould on my window sill and growing up the wall..... the service was some what lacking, the pillow was like a rock and the sheets were worn and thread bare, more to the point it was like been in a jail cell, the doors slammed day and night, I had no rest!! I was stiff as a board as the bed was very stiff. The place was dusty, dirty and in need of a whole overhall to bring it into the new millennium, food was very very mediocre. When i came to leave my payment card was refused by the owners, she was hell bent on cash, mad for cash from me, now I find this very unusual in this day and age and a very outdated carry on to demand cash from me. The drive was so steep you could do with a chair lift, but then again, if its like the heating it would,nt be turned on!!!! Be warned not a pleasant experience by any means.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else!