“Park Inn Shannon Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Shannon
Osaka, Japan
“Park Inn Shannon Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Located within 3 min walking distance from Shannon airport. Staff are helpful. Rooms are spacious for the price, with iron and ironing table in each room. Good drink selection and food quality at the bar.

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Christopher,

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Great to hear that you found our staff members to be helpful and that you enjoyed your meal in our bar.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

Louise O'Hara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Ithaca, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed here for three nights. . .stupid choice. Staff unfriendly and unhelpful. Gym equipment was outdated but that didn't even matter because it was closed the entire time we were there. Restaurant fair to poor. The only thing this hotel had going for it was it's close proximity to airport. We found it easy to hop on a bus to go to the attractions we wanted to see. Other than that, forget it. I wouldn't stay here again that long. One night only before an early flight out of Shannon.

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Dear Lawrence,

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I have contacted you directly following your disappointing stay with us.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Winterset, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

If you're flying out of Shannon, Ireland, this hotel is the place to stay. It's literally a 3 minute walk from the hotel to the terminal at the airport. While the place is showing its wear, the rooms are clean, the beds are good, and there's a nice pub for food.

Dear Guest,

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that enjoyed your time in Blair's Bar.

We are currently in the process of renovating our hotel so hopefully you will return in the future and see the improvements made.

Iowa City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Flying out of Shannon was all the easier with this hotel literally steps away from the airport. In fact, they have cute painted footsteps leading you on the proper path through the parking lot. It's dated and we didn't have a good Internet connection, but the room was immaculate, the bed comfortable, the room quiet and the staff extremely hospitable. I haven't slept as well before an international flight in ages and only had to get up 3 hrs before my 11:00 flight. We can't figure out what others are complaining about.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and found our staff members to be hospitable.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again when your travels take you back to the area.

Canal Winchester, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! I stayed here the night before flying home. The location was the only thing going for this hotel. I ended up leaving early in the morning to sit at the airport rather than stay here. The food was nasty. The room was disgusting. I don't know if the pictures they are showing on the internet are from renovated rooms, but my room had what looked like black mold on the ceiling in the bathroom. I was looking for an outlet and found a massive chunk of hair behind the desk, which ended that search promptly. Another caveat, there are no elevators in the hotel. The wifi was really slow and you were only allowed one device before you had to pay. I don't think I would even recommend this hotel for a one night stay. Avoid at all costs!

Room Tip: Just don't, find another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I sincerely wish to apologise for your disappointing stay with us recently.

I will be addressing your points with the team here today. We are currently renovating the hotel so if you are in the Shannon area in the future please feel free to contact me personally at louise.ohara@rezidorparkinn.com and I will ensure that you have a very pleasant stay.

I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Having had a bad experience with this hotel in May 2013, I was hoping for something better.
I had a very poor quality meal in the bar last May and I complained to management.
This time, I had an excellent meal in the bar!
In May 2013, the "hot" breakfast was cold and inedible. Staff said "Sorry".
This time the "hot" breakfast was again cold and inedible. Staff said "Sorry".
It appears that the Park Inn staff believ they only have to say "Sorry".
Try responding to complaints by improving your performance!
I judge by results, not phony apologies.
Forget this hotel. Good hotel accommodation is available just a few minutes drive away.

Dear Mr. Clifford,

It was very disappointing to read that you were again disappointed with our breakfast offering and I will be addressing your comments with the team here today to ensure that breakfast is consistantly at a high standard and hot.

I would be very grateful if you would afford us the opportunity of making amends for your disappointment. Could I please ask you to contact me personally at louise.ohara@rezidorparkinn.com the next time you are in the area as I will personally ensure that you will have a very positive experience.

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable meal in our bar.

I hope that I will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again Mr. Clifford.

Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

If you're only staying for a night or two this is an okay place. Unfortunately I had business at the airport for 12 days. My company does all the booking of hotels so I had no choice but to stay here. The rooms are dated and my second room has mold on the ceiling. This is my second room, the shower head flew off when I turned it on in my first room. They didn't tell me they were changing my room, I had to ask 2 hours after I reported it whether or not they were going to fix it. I don't frequently travel international so I don't know what's normal, but there are no alarm clocks, mini fridge, or microwave in regular rooms here. I don't know if they have anything different for guests staying longer, my booking was done well in advance for the 12 days and this is the rooms they gave me. So if your in for a long stay you can't keep much in the room. I am on a tight budget so eating here in the hotel is slightly pricey.You won't get much sleep, the floors creek so bad it wakes you up whenever someone moves.so, in a nutshell a quick stay here is okay, don't plan on being here to long. I wouldn't stay here again given the choice, and I still have 8 days to go.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a solid floor and maybe ventilation in the bath. The reason for the mold is no vent...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I sincerely wish to apologise for the issues you have had; I understand that once of my colleagues contacted you over the weekend.

I hope that you enjoy the remainder of your stay with us and if I or any of my colleagues can be of any assistance please do not hesitiate to contact us.

Louise O'Hara

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport? Share your experiences!