“Oh Happy Day!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carrygerry Country House

You added Carrygerry Country House to your Saves list
Carrygerry Country House
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Newmarket-on-Fergus | near Shannon Airport, Shannon, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Shannon B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Jersey
“Oh Happy Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2006

Imagine my profound relief , after 41 trips and being brought to tears by some of the most dreary B&B's in Ireland that seem to cluster around the airport, to come upon Carrygerry House.

It's miraculous! It's brilliant! It's ten minutes from the tarmac yet it has everything (and I'm talking EVERYTHING) you could hope for in a 5-star country house. You might pay more, but believe this experienced traveller, you'll not find better. I only just found
them on my last night in Ireland three weeks ago, so I'm going back in three weeks and I'm bringing two friends with me.
Can't wait.

• Liked — Lavish, convenient, genuine.
  • Disliked — Need to wait three weeks to return.
  • Tips/Secrets — Always check TripAdvisor before booking.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2006

We stayed here for one night before a 2 night stay at Dromoland castle for a wedding - I wish we hadnt moved!

After arriving around 7pm, we were shown to our room and offered a drink. The room was nice, a little small maybe, but more than adequate. We unpacked and then headed down to the bar - a lovely traditional old room. After a ordering drinks, we asked about a restaurant reservation - unfortunately it was closed due to a bereavement cancelling a block booking of the other rooms.

We were though, kindly offered a 'snack'... After a couple more guinesses, the lady came back in with the restaurant menu and said we could order whatever - we settled on steak and chips. We were set up at the table in the bar room, had a lovely bottle of red wine and then came probably the finest steak i have ever had. From a farm just down the road, it really was wonderful (and huge)! It just made my slightly wish I could have experienced the full menu!

Again, the next morning the breakfast really was fantastic. Fully satisfied, we headed off on our way. The hospitality and service really were faultless - despite being the only guests we were literally waited on hand and foot; warm, friendly but not at all intrusive. This was everything that Dromoland castle wasnt and we really shouldnt have moved. Thoroughly recommended...

• Liked — Hospitality, service and the steak!
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't miss the fine dining.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
ridgefield ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2006

My husband and I just returned from our fourth visit to Ireland. We always booked directly from the site and this was the first time I used a travel website.The Carrygerry House exceeded our expectations.Gillian was warm and welcoming and despite our very late arrival , offered us soup.bread and tea in the very comfortable sitting room. .Carrygerry has it all....elegant four poster bedrooms,sparkling bath and breathe taking views.The sunny conservatory is the perfect setting for breakfast and for the 5 star dinner. The best was ...we were only 10 min from Shannon so there was no stress on our last morning.I cant say enough about this wonderful house, The porridge with cream and Irish whiskey is a fun way to start the day!

• Liked — hard to say one thing loved everything food scenery pleasant innkeeper ambiance
  • Disliked — nothing ..everything was great
  • Tips/Secrets — Go there !
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2006

As part of a trip through Ireland, Germany, the Czech Republic and Sweden my wife and I stayed at six small hotels and B&Bs. We travel extensively and in our opinion Carrygerry House is the best there is, anywhere. Hosts Niall and Gillian Ennis have created a wonderful atmosphere. My wife and I look forward to returning soon and often.

• Stayed June 2006
Essex UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2006

I stayed at The Carrygerry House for 2 nights on a short trip to County Clare. The hotel is very pretty and incredibly rural considering it is only 5 minutes drive from Shannon Airport! I was very early for check-in but my room was ready and a tray of tea and biscuits was brought up to me. There were only a couple of other guests staying due to the time of year but obviously the restaurant is popular and several tables were booked by locals.
The food was excellent with 4 course dinners. Very high quality, my only problem was the quantity - I could not finish as there was so much! The breakfasts too were excellent with good choice. I fully recommend the porridge with Irish Whisky cream. Everything including bread and preserves homemade and good quality.
I travelled alone but did not feel uncomfortable at all. Very friendly service. Excellent base for exploring Clare area, which is beautiful - especially The Burren. You do need a car. I will return with my husband.

• Stayed March 2006
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2005

We loved the Carrygerry House!The rooms are lovely and the food delicious, but the best part is the atmosphere. I spent a rainy afternoon sitting by a peat fire in the drawing room reading a book and sipping my Guinness. We've stayed here twice on our way to the airport and we love it. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Our son thinks it's pure heaven and the dinners really are the best!

Very friendly and kind hosts.

• Stayed August 2005
Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2005

We were on a business trip and decided to stay away from the big hotel chains and after reading tripadvisor decided on Carrygerry Country house.
It turned out to be a great decision! This country house is everything you could possible want. The house is lovely and the rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated.
The restaurant is top notch and you will not want to go anywhere else for dinner. The value for money is simply outstanding.
I would certainly recommend this for business travellers that are looking for some peace and quiet after all-day meetings.
I will also come back with my spouse for some relaxing days! Briliant place: try it out, you will not be disappointed :-)

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business

Been to Carrygerry Country House? Share your experiences!