“Good Stop-off to Shannon Airport” 4 of 5 stars

You added Oak Wood Arms Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Airport Road | Town Centre, Shannon, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Shannon
Corona, California
“Good Stop-off to Shannon Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Usually staying at a Shannon Hotel is only for those coming and going to the airport since Shannon doesn't offer much to see there. The closest attraction worth seeing is Bunratty Castle which is about 5-7 miles away. The Oakwood Arms Hotel is competitively priced most days and the rooms are clean and spacious, however, it is due for an update. Their restaurant is not competitively priced and is somewhat expensive, you may want to seek sustenance elsewhere. Do not get their Bed & Breakfast package if you have to fly out early the next morning, you will have left the hotel before they open the restaurant. There are some fast food places nearby, like McDonald's, within a block from the hotel. There are a couple of petrol stations near the Oakwood Arms to fill up your rental before dropping it off at the airport. The drive to the airport is no more than 3-5 minutes away and surprisingly there is no airport noise at the "Arms". We stayed there a couple of time when we were leaving Ireland and were glad we didn't have to drive far to reach the airport since most U.S. Flights leave very early. There are a couple of other hotels in the area, so shop around for the best price. Prices do fluctuate due to seasonal demands. Overall the staff was friendly, however, I sensed some indifference from them.

Room Tip: I can't wait to go back to Ireland! And I will continue to go through Shannon since Dublin is b...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
FrancesClare_Ireland, Director of Sales at Oak Wood Arms Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear yooGoGirl3
Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. As always we are thrilled when our guests enjoy their stay with us. We deeply value your relationship with the Oakwood Arms Hotel and are committed to providing our guests with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best.
I will be sure to share your feedback with the team, so they can see how their attention to detail and great customer service pays off. We look forward to welcoming you on your return visit.

Tel. 061 719 236

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Western Ireland, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed recently at this Hotel, would have been better off not too.
Dowdy, dark & depressing, could do with a complete overhaul including some off the staff.
Room was well worn
Outside going up the runway at 300 mph not much else to see or do in Shannon.

Room Tip: Go else where !
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear BPH_68

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us here at The Oakwood Arms Hotel. I am sorry that on this occasion that you felt let down and that we did not live up to our usually high standards. I would very much appreciate if you would kindly contact me at the following email sales@oakwoodarms.com to discuss your stay in detail.

Ardfert, Kerry, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

my husband & I stayed at this hotel on 12th & 13th July.After reading some of the reviews I didn't quite know what to expect, Yes it is dark ,but I prefer to say it is old & quirky .The pub within the hotel was a real bonus & was typically your Irish pub & they served an array of lovely fresh food daily & every evening. The dining room was lovely & served a brill full Irish Breakfast with everything being plentiful & again a fantastic evening menu. we had the best steak ever .The rooms are clean & spacious but I would suggest taking your own toiletries. The staff where warm & friendly & very helpful. I would without a doubt go back to this hotel....

Room Tip: we liked the ground floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Julie J,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Oakwood Arms Hotel recently and thank you also for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. Your positive feedback regarding the staff, excellent location, bedrooms and fantastic food quality is most rewarding for all the team..

Huntersville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

A nice property with a lot of history. However, like other older structures, it can be trying. Lifts somewhat illogical (go upstairs to the lift?) and with luggage, troublesome. Internet, spotty at times and too frequent. Staff was attentive and helpful.

The pub was everything an Irish pub should be; better yet, the dining room offered splendid meals for dinner. Excellent food from starters to dessert. Breakfast buffet was "full on" Irish spread.

Not a bad hotel, just a few quirks. As a business traveler, I would prefer a more modern hotel. That said, I would not exclude the Oakwood in the future, but I would compare other options prior t booking.

Room Tip: Opt for the larger room if budget permits.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
FrancesClare_Ireland, Director of Sales at Oak Wood Arms Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Red-Badger-22
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences following your recent stay with us here at The Oakwood Arms Hotel. It’s part of the hotels policy to read our reviews closely and use them for both employee recognition and to ensure that you our clients are receiving the highest level of service. I will be sure to share your feedback with the team, so they can see how their attention to detail and great customer service pays off.

Wicklow, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights with a friend. Staff were so nice. Food was delicious, rooms were ok. A bit old fashioned but that did not take away from our pleasant stay. I would recommend a visit. There is a large shopping centre just a few minutes walk from the hotel and also a lovely pub with great music and craic.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear 40berni_3440

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Oakwood Arms Hotel recently and we appreciate you taking time out to post your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. Your positive feedback regarding the staff, excellent location, bedrooms and fantastic food quality is most rewarding for all the team.

Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in March, can't praise the staff enough so warm and friendly couldn't do enough for us. Food in the restaurant was absolutely amazing, rooms were lovely and the hotel was in a nice central location. Will definitely be returning. Very impressed overall

• Stayed March 2014
Dear CloCork,

Thank you for kindly for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review on Trip advisor.
Our philosophy is great service and quality at affordable prices. We delighted when our guest take time out to express their appreciation and I will be sure to share your comments with our team.
We very much appreciate the recommendation and hope to see you in the Oakwood Arms Hotel in the near future.

We would be delighted to welcome you back on your next trip.

Kind Regards

Shannon, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I had my wedding at the Oakwood Arms Hotel Shannon on 14th Feb Valentines Day this year. My Husband and I had a Civil Ceremony performed at the Hotel and the wedding reception afterwards. I would highly recommend this hotel as a perfect wedding venue. From start to finish they were amazing and we could not have asked for a better day. This hotel does a wedding fair every Sun at the end of each month for a certain period of time where you can see the room as it will be on the day taste the food and offer refreshments, from the moment we booked until we checked out of the Hotel two days after the wedding we were given the royal treatment. The Wedding Co-Ordinators Frances and Rita were excellent they looked after everything and made sure that the room was decorated exactly the way we wanted it nothing was a problem and I could contact them anytime I needed to. The Managers Amit Chopra & Ted Germaine could not have done enough for us, they really took into consideration the importance of this day is to a Bride and Groom, we could not fault any part of this day, the service the food and the overall running of the day was superb. They looked after everything and my husband and I were able to relax and enjoy the run up and the day itself. The civil ceremony room is beautifully decorated with a white light tree and a big window which lets the light flow in no matter what the weather is like it was the nicest room by far that we viewed for a civil ceremony. We got married right in the middle of the storms this year, I was worried that my dress might have been ruined making the travel over. They contacted me to say that if I wanted to get dressed in the Hotel they had my room ready for me and would make sure I could come in the back entrance so none of my guest could see me arriving until I was ready. Everything Ran on schedule, Rita our wedding co-ordinator on the day was on the ball checking with us and our family that we were happy with what was going on and there was no stress or delays at all on the day. All my guest commented on it being one of the best meals they have had at a wedding and really enjoyed the cocktail reception we had they said from checking into checking out anyone who said had only good comments. The honeymoon suite is lovely and we loved the vintage style room we also could not have any photographs taken outside due to the bad storms but were amazed at how many nice spots there are around the hotel for inside photographs. Oakwood Arms is definitely a hotel to consider when booking your wedding in the Clare area especially if you are having a civil ceremony. The Registrar herself who dealt with our wedding even said to her that she loves doing weddings in the Oakwood as they are always so organised and professional.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear SandyHarm,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely personal review on your recent wedding. Our wedding planners at the hotel strive to ensure that each couple experience their dream day right from the beginning. It is a great pleasure to read such kind words about the hotel and the various departments and the staff you encountered.
The Oakwood Arms Hotel had its origins as a family owned run business and we enjoy creating that special bond with each couple. You are now part of our extended family and look forward to welcoming you back on any occasion that you are in the area.
Kind Regards

Tel. 061 719 236

Been to Oak Wood Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!