“Fantastic food and Total Qyuality Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 32 Restaurants in Clifden
Cuisines: Organic, Seafood, Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Relaxed Family run restaurant with breath taking sunset in the bay over dinner, fine locally sourced seafood(many local meat options also) and home grown vegetables and salad. Cosy open fire places in the restaurant make even the coolest of days enjoyable and a large open turf fire in the Bar is ideal for having pre dinner and after dinner drinks in front of. The sun terrace at the front overlooking the bay for those fine days is a must for pre dinner drinks. Taxi service available please enquire when reserving for dinner.
Western Ireland, Ireland
“Fantastic food and Total Qyuality Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We had recent a family get together in the Ardagh Hotel Restaurant in July and I would just like to thank Stephane and Monique for the fantastic and friendly service they provided on our night out. The fresh seafood was amazing and like no other I have experienced anywhere in Connemara at a very reasonable price, with a large choice on the menu. The bar and restaurant staff were extremely helpful and friendly. After our meal we were very impressed by the live music at the bar/lounge and a great night was had by all. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anybody visiting Connemara, an experience not to be missed.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Perfect Destination”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

The Ardagh Hotel and Restaurant is one of my favorite places in Ireland. I have been here twice, and each time I have had a great experience.
The hotel has a very intimate home feel. The food is world class. Every meal I have ever had has been fantastic.
It is a family establishment, and it is such a pleasure to be treated like family by Stephane and Monique.
The hotel is clean and has a beautiful view of the bay, and epic sunset views.
I highly recommend a stay here, and having dinner here.

Dublin, Ireland
“Breakfast & Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Breakfast menu was good - excellent food. The dining room is bright and pleasant and the view of the bay is lovely.
Dinner was very good - good choice of dishes and food served in the bar during the day was also very good.

Visited May 2014
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“Beautiful Setting, Amazing Food, Excellent Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We stayed here for 3 days as a part of our two week honeymoon in Ireland. This by far was the best accommodation that we experienced. Stephan and his staff were all incredibly helpful and friendly.The room was clean and had an extraordinary view. As for the restaurant, I cannot say enough good things about it. Everything we tried (we had dinner and breakfast every day of our stay) was delicious and artfully arranged. The bartender was very friendly, offering a good deal of suggestions for things to see and do. The whiskey selection was excellent as well. And I might add that they poured a beautiful pint of Guinness. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area, as you will not be disappointed. Overall, excellent hotel and restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Berwickshire
“Enjoyed the meal very much”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

OK, Clifden is full of tourist traps: ping and ding places whose culinary adventurousness stretches no further than the microwave. The Ardagh is different. You walk in and there is a huge lounge for a pre-dinner drink (it struck me as a really cool scene from the 1970s). Then you go upstairs for dinner. This was a real treat. There was magnificent attention to detail and the tables overlooked the sea. Service was excellent. Food was good. If I could quibble, I would say the that cheese board could be better (mainly biscuits with the cheeses a poor second) but that is a minor point. And, here is the crucial point, the owner shook our hands as we left. That meant we left with a nice warm feeling. Well done owner. Well done chef.