“I'll be back...” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Clifden Connemara, Clifden 00000, Ireland   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Clifden
“I'll be back...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

I just recently stayed here with a group of friends and I have to say this place is amazing. The hotel itself is a little old but is very well kept and clean. I work in the buisness myself so can be very critical, but I have to say on my two nights here I found the place faultless. The staff were excellent and could not do enough for us. On the first night we had bar food and the second ate in the restaurant, both meals were very enjoyable. I cannot recommended this place and will definitely be back. Declan and staff, keep up the good work and thanks for a great weekend...

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
milford, co. donegal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Just back fron Clifden, alcock and brown a great place to stay, staff were very friendly and helpful, food was excellent, rooms were very clean, and we had two almighty nights crack, will be back to this hotel in the near future, great value for money

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed here with a group of about ten lads for a stag party recently.
Hotel gave a very good group rate. The rooms are a bit on the basic side but very clean.
The food was excellent and the staff were extremely friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was presently surprised when I arrived at this hotel, I didn’t think it would be to nice as the reviews were not that great. The lady at the reception, I think the owner was lovely and so helpful for trips and other details of places in town. The rooms were lovely and spacious and views over the whole town. The breakfast was lovely but my family thought it strange there was no beans or mushrooms on the menu and when we asked could we request them extra, they don’t have any available but it was no big deal. The key to your room also opens the key after midnight to the main door at reception so you let yourself in if your out late which is good. The bar was open for residence on the Friday night..the location is perfect you couldn’t actually get better, its walking difference to all places in the town and easy to find when you arrive in the town. Only negative is there is no car park and parking in the town is scarce with pay and display in force everywhere. All in all I enjoyed my stay and would stay again, if you have young children or elderly family be sure to note that there is no lift, but if you mention it to the receptionist when booking she will give you the room on the first floor. The price is very reasonable also and the food in the restaurant in the evening is lovely but the menu has not to much on it so you cant really eat there more than once but there's plenty of options in the town.

Room Tip: 1st floor looking over the town
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Checked into Alcock & Brown on Friday night by a very helpful gentleman given the key to our room the only access was by stairs which had an old smell and need serious refurbishment our room was spacious and clean not sparkling. As it was late we went down to their restaurant it was busy the waitress was very friendly and the food was fantastic absolutely no complaints there. We were offered an Irish coffee on the house at the end of our meal which i think was a wonderful gesture. There was a limited choice for breakfast but the food yet again was simply delicious served by yet another friendly waitress.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We've just returned home from the west & stayed in Alcock & Brown in Clifden. We had a really great stay at what was a centrally located Hotel with the friendliest staff I've met in any hotel in a long time. Food was exceptional.
Our stay was short but sweet but should I travel West again I'll be checking them out.
Thanks !!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bruff, Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We had booked in to stay here for a night but unfortunately my sister got sick and we had to leave in a hurry shortly after check-in. The staff made sure the kitchen made us something as quickly as possible before we left and we weren't charged for the room. Unexpected kindness on both counts!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Alcock & Brown Hotel? Share your experiences!