“Beautiful meal” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 31 Restaurants in Clifden
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were lucky to get a table later in the evening (will try to book next time) and it was certainly worth the wait! I had hake and my partner had the Irish stew, we both agreed it was certainly one of the best meals we have had in a long time even though we live in London and eat out quite often. The staff were friendly and attentive. All in all we had a really lovely evening and it was worth the money. Worth a visit.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New Market, Tennessee
“Outstanding Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Mitchell's is first and foremost an upscale, high quality restaurant. The service was very professional and timely. The cuisine was very well done and well presented. The menu was quite extensive featuring, as you would expect, seafood dishes. While rather pricey, the night we were there the "early bird" pricing was in effect all evening making our meal a very good value. I would recommend reservations and highly recommend dining at Mitchell's.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Enjoyable evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The night we visited Mitchell's the 'early bird' menu was available all evening which made it good value (otherwise it is a little on the pricey side). Good choice of starters and main courses.

Service is relaxed and casual, dining room is nice. Food was lovely although the deserts were disappointing - tiny meringue with choc and hazelnut sauce or ice cream (from the early bird menu).

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent lunch in Clifden”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stopped here for lunch after strolling around the shops in Clifden. It seemed a nice alternative to the pub grub available in a number of places although a bit pricier. The food was excellent - the Irish Stew and Shepherds pie are particularly good. The staff are pleasant and friendly. Worth a visit.

Visited October 2013
Saunderstown, Rhode Island
“Beware!! The owner takes advantage of your ignorance about tipping!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We just stopped in this place, not having read any reviews. It was our first time in Ireland and we weren't sure about the tipping. I know I should have looked it up first, but well I didn't. As Americans, I always feel you should leave something. It feels strange not to except in places where they bring you the check all totaled (like in Italy). When the owner brought the check, there was a space for the tip. I wrote in about 10% because the place is nice and my stew was good. He then proceeded to say, "why don't you round it up?" Well, it caught me off guard and I thought that looked fair. After signing, I realized that I had tipped him much more than I wanted to. I don't feel it is an owner or waiter's place to suggest a bigger tip. He was rude to do this. I just say beware!!

• Visited October 2013