“Don't leave anything behind!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Connemara Country Lodge Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Connemara Country Lodge Bed and Breakfast
Westport Road, Clifden, Ireland   |
Ranked #19 of 46 Clifden B&B and Inns
“Don't leave anything behind!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Had a delightful stay at the CCL last summer and left a gushing review which I've since deleted. On our last day I was so enthralled by Mary that I wanted to take a picture with our hostess in the foyer. Unfortunately, I left my camera in the foyer at the establishment. Called, then emailed Mary several times since (even sent $ for postage) asking about the camera. She kindly sent several emails promising it would be returned to me promptly. Well, no camera yet and worse...no pictures of our wonderful Irish holiday While staying in Connemara was one of the highlights of our journey, my advices at CCL is...don't leave anything behind as you won't see it again. Clearly my fault in leaving it behind, just so disappointed by singing Mary's empty promises:(

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Rhodedendron, Owner at Connemara Country Lodge Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear gatorfan60,
I am shocked to hear the camera never arrived to you. It was posted some time ago. I have been away in Japan so will now go to my Post Office and see can they trace it. If you read this, please telephone to see if we can trace it. I did not retain your address after posting it, but I may have an email address for you somewhere. I will look for that too. Please contact me - I look forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes, Mary

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We spent one very enjoyable night in Mary's lovely Connemara Country Lodge in Clifden. The B&B has a great location, within short walking distance to Clifden and is also ideal for exploring beautiful Connemara. Mary was very warm and welcoming and ensured our stay was enjoyable and comfortable. Connemara Country Lodge is highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
West Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We have just spent 5 nights with Mary - very comfortable , great breakfast and perfect situation.
Mary speaks french and German so the other guests were really delighted to be able to talk in their own language .
Definitely recommend this to all visitors to Clifden

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have been going to Clifden for over 20 years. In that time I've probably stayed at every B & B and hotel in and around town. My wife and I booked a last minute get away and pre-booked a two night stay at Connemara Country Lodge. We really didn't give much thought to what to expect as we have stayed in so many over the years.
We were warmly greeted by Mary on the Saturday evening and given a short introduction to her home. Our double room was very spacious, well decorated and cleaned daily with a fantastic view
Being so tired after the long journey we decided to stay in bed later than usual the following morning. I'm happy to add that there was never any pressure to come down to breakfast on time which helped us feel right at home.
We were given a fantastic selection for breakfast, full Irish, smoked salmon, eggs, pancakes. Basically whatever we wanted was catered for and nothing was too much trouble. Mary and her staff were fantastic hosts over breakfast and made us all feel at home despite the fact that she was rushed off her feet with 10 other tables.
We were treated to 5 minutes of singing, fiddle and tin whistle tunes which put us in high spirits for the day. Mary did her best to offer as much local knowledge to guests as she could and in my experience this is essential for Connemara as so much the regions 'must see locations' are not mapped. (despite the fact that I've been going there since a child; I'd never travelled along the Old Bog Road)

Having booked for two nights only we were delighted that we could stay on for the full week.

The week progressed with a mixture of rain and sunny days and we had a fantastic time. We came and went when we felt like it and when we needed a question answering Mary was usually on hand to offer help and advice if you wanted it. My wife concluded at the end of the holiday that it felt like 'we had come home' for the week. This really helped us unwind and totally relax and we both felt sad that the week had come to an end.

I was in two minds writing this review as I believe Connemara Country Lodge to be one of Connemaras hidden gems. I would also add that if you want to really experience the best of Clifden and Connemara then you can't do much better than stay here. Mary's warmth and friendly humour is a rare thing these days. We will be certainly be back next year.

Note: If you want to stay in Clifden or Connemara you won't find a better place to stay.

Room Tip: Don't think twice. If you want a fantastic holiday just give them a call. Excellent comes as s...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

It was by chance that we ended up staying at Mary's B&B and we weren't disappointed. The room was just what we needed and the price was right. Our breakfast was plentiful and delicious. Mary is a wonderful hostess and entertainer!

She had suggestions on what to see and the B&B is a really short walk into Clifden. When we return to friendly beautiful Ireland we will definitely make a stop at this B&B and anyone that is travelling in this area should make it a point to stay with Mary.

Thank you!

Shawn and Gary
Kitchener ON Canada

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

+ This B&B is situated just a few min Walk from the wonderful Little Village of Clifden. Mary the landlady gave Us a warm velcome and advised Us about the surrondings, för ex the sky road which se really recommends. The house is fresh and clean and offers full breakfast of your choice. Our room was Nice and cosy.
- On the downside was the room was White chilly, and the bed rather narrow.

• Stayed July 2012
Farnham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I (from the UK) together with my wife's parents (from the USA) stayed at the Connemara Country Lodge for three nights recently.

Mary, the proprietor, made us very welcome; she also has a great sense of humour. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the breakfasts excellent with a good range of choices. Mary's fiddle playing and singing at breakfast was a delight; she has a truly amazing voice.

The location was perfect; very quiet with spacious parking and only a very short stroll into the town of Clifden with its bars and restaurants. Would thoroughly recommend the Connemara Country Lodge as a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Connemara Country Lodge Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!