“Already looking forward to my next visit...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Berkeley Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Adare
Berkeley Lodge
You added Berkeley Lodge to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Station Road, Adare, Ireland   |
Ranked #3 of 23 Adare B&B and Inns
Lansdale, PA, USA
“Already looking forward to my next visit...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Berkeley Lodge is my favorite B&B in Ireland. I stay with Bridie every time I go over to Ireland because I prefer flying in and out of Shannon and she's so well located -- about 35 to 40 minutes' drive. In Adare, she's located just off N21 in the center of town within easy walking distance to some lovely restaurants and great pubs and shops. But the main reason I love to stay here is because of Bridie herself. I've never met a more accommodating or delightful host during my many trips to the Emerald Isle. She does everything she can to make your stay as comfortable as possible. To say her breakfast is the best is putting it mildly. When you come to the dining room in the morning, you select your breakfast from a menu of delicious options. Everything is good; believe me, I've tried it all! Her homemade brown bread is the best I've had and she serves it with homemade jams. The rooms (and the Lodge itself) are so cozy, sparkling clean and warmly decorated. Can't wait to get back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Oviedo, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Spent two nights at the Lodge and found it to be as advertized... a lovley cozy B&B located just blocks off the main street with close access to the restaurants and pubs of Adare. Can't say enough about the owner, Bridie, but can tell you that she embodies the spirit of the Irish people and all they stand for. Made this Floridian feel right at home and I would not hesitate to stay again. It is, after all, the human experience that one remembers when all is said and done.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Beautiful accommodations, great breakfast and centrally located in Adare. Near center of town and within a mile of the golf course. Bridie, the owner, made the stay a wonderful experience. The airlines lost the luggage of one of our golfers so she put together a care package of toiletries to get him through until the bags were delivered. I have stayed here twice before and look forward to my next visit!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We have stayed in the Berkeley Lodge numerous times over 13yrs and my family and I keep coming back. We have travelled to Cork on holiday and have stayed in this great B&B to break our journey. We have also chosen to stay in Adare while visiting friends in Galway rather than choose an unknown B&B in Galway. The rooms have all been newly decorated and are exceptionally clean and fresh with comfortable beds. The breakfast is one, my husband and my four girls look forward to every morning with a great choice. I would highly recommend this B&B and the fact that it is only walking distance to the village is even better. Bridie is a lovely host and makes the stay even more enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were recommended this lovely B&B from Mary over at Towers View in Dingle, and we couldn't have been happier! We hadn't planned on staying in Adare but during our trip up to the Cliffs of Moher we decided that a stop would be nice. Birdie had a cot for our daughter which was very helpful, and provided a late breakfast the next day before the rest of our journey which was wonderful!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We very warmly remember our great night at this excellent B&B. We were given a huge room with a wonderful bathroom. What makes the place so memorable is the luxurious living room and breakfast room, where we were served a delicious salmon breakfast. In a few minutes you are in the town centre, or you can stroll along the Riverside Walk to Adare Castle.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Erie, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We had toured Ireland back in 2003 with our three children and Adare was one of our favorites. One thing I found there did not seem to be many choices closer to New Castle West just down the road from Adare. After looking at other locations I settled on the Berkeley Lodge. I am happy to say we loved it there. Bridie was so gracious and helpful and the breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Berkeley Lodge? Share your experiences!