“Feels like going to your family's house” 5 of 5 stars

Adare Country House
Adare Village, Adare, Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 23 Adare B&B and Inns
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Feels like going to your family's house”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

When we arrived, Dennis was out gardening and welcomed us to the house. He showed us around and gave us some very helpful suggestions of where to go for a good pint, and what to see in town.

We met Eileen the next morning and she was completely lovely and offered us a wonderful breakfast.

The room was the perfect size for the two of us, with modern ammemnities. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Great location. Spacious comfortable rooms. All important free wifi.overall great value and wonderful staff.i have stayed in the Adare manor but i think this is on par in terms of value and quality - far less pretentious as well! I hope to visit again.

• Stayed September 2013
Plymouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Eileen and Denis, the owners and hosts of the Adare Country House, are the finest example of warm Irish hospitality. More than simply gracious and helpful, they clearly love running a beautiful B&B and truly enjoy making each guest feel at home. Their home is a perfectly designed and very comfortable B&B with two very quiet and private guest wings extending out from the main house. It has all the amenities you would expect, as well as several interesting and unique features. Our bathroom, for example, had an unusual (even by Irish standards) whirlpool bath and shower. Once we figured out the faucets, it was one of the best showers we've ever enjoyed while traveling. Our rooms were clean, well-equipped and maintained.

Since it's the home where they raised their children, the family photos and artwork will make you quickly feel like you're a guest at your cousin's home. In this case, your "new found" cousin also cooks one of the best Irish breakfasts you'll ever enjoy.

The Adare Country House is conveniently located a short walk from wonderful sites - like the Adare Manor - and exceptionally inviting pubs and at least one world-class restaurant. Adare is a storybook Irish country town with many other small, interesting and tidy shops. For example, our family had been traveling for a week without access to laundry facilities. We asked Eileen and she recommended a small dry cleaner and laundry in Adare Suare that was a 3 minute walk from the house. For the price of two pints of Guinness, they quickly laundered and folded a weeks worth of clothes. I needed to iron one of my dress shirts for a special dinner. I asked Denis if we could use their iron and within minutes he was offering to take care of it for me. Of course, I declined and ironed it myself but that's a good example of the hospitality you'll receive when you stay with Eileen and Denis. Regardless of how long you stay, you'll regret having to leave.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Great b&b stayed over for nite beautiful place so clean and couple who ran it so friendly it's right beside shops pub and breakfast was lovely , will stay again. Plenty space to park and than walking distance to everything

• Stayed February 2014
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Stayed at Adare Country House for a few nights while attending a wedding recently. Eileen and her husband were both so friendly and welcoming. The rooms are modern, nicely decorated and very comfortable. Eileen's beautiful artwork hangs throughout the house and brightens the hallways and breakfast room. It's only a minute walk from the main street and there is plenty of parking space.

This is definitely one of the top B&Bs I've stayed in, and I have already recommended it to family and friends!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Berthoud, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Great place, great hosts!! My friend & I were there, unfortunately only one night, & were treated like family. Denis & Eileen were so welcoming & Denis even took time out to help me figure out problems with my gps. My friend & I came in late that night & they were still up & visited with us. Very light & carefree people. We will definitely stay there again!! Thank you both!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Stayed at Adare Country House this past October with my two daughters in a triple room with three beds. The room was large and gave us plenty of room to spread out. The location of the house is perfect, just off the main street going through Adare. Denis and Eileen go way above and beyond as hosts. Denis helped me call the Irish toll system since I did not pay my M50 toll leaving Dublin within 24 hours. Thank you Denis!!! Denis also gave us advice on where to buy petrol (gas) at the best price. One of the nicest B&B's in Ireland.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Adare Country House? Share your experiences!