“oasis of attention and care.” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Limerick Rd, Knockanes, Adare, Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Adare
GreenLeadersBronze level
ireland
“oasis of attention and care.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

Stayed recently two nights in this hotel and had the best nights sleep ever. I requested anti allergy pillows, which were supplied and all our other requests, ie iron, extra lamp etc were catered to immediately. Buzzing hotel yet the noise did not permiate the rooms. Breakfast was excellent and well presented.Would highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
woodlandsadare, Proprietor at Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2010
Many thanks for your very kind words. The team here in Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel very much appreciate the same.

On your next visit, please make sure to contact me directly in advance of arrival so that I can say an extra thank you in person.

Elaina
efitzgerald@woodlands-hotel.ie

582 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

We just had our wedding reception at the Woodlands and it was fantastic!! From the first visit meeting with David we were given the VIP treatment. The staff members are so helpful and their attention to detail is second to none. We can’t wait to celebrate our first anniversary in Adare.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
We vey much appreciate your feedback & we were delighted to be part of your special wedding celebration.

May all of your dreams be realised together.

See you on your wedding anniversary.

David, Elaina & all of the team in Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel
ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

wonderful staff who were aware of the occasion and gave us an anniversary to remember. Personal touch from both ownersand staff - second to none... I would highly recommed and will certainly revisit

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your very kind feedback. The team were delighted to receive the same. Wishing you both a very Happy New Year. Please make sure to let me know if you are staying with us again so that I can say thank you in person.

Elaina, David and the team in Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel
mayo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

having stayed previously in your hotel we were looking foward to our break.As usual we were not disappointed.on arrival we were greeted by your friendly staff who couldnt do enough to help us .We were looking for an upgrade to a suite but ye had none available but your staff gave us a nice large room.Food was fantastic couldnt fault it service was excellent.Met owner in the hotel bar very friendly chatty man.was our first break with our little one very family friendly hotel.
Am going to return in jan with my mum for a quiet break away.
Looking foward to it already.
lynn mayo

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your very kind comments. We look forward to your next visit. Please make sure and let us know when you are coming so that we can endeavour to say a big thank you in person.

Elaina, David and the team in Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel
Limerick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2009

Dear David

Just a quick note to say a huge thanks for a great breakfast, you and your staff anticipated everyone’s tastes and needs, I was so impressed as I did not expect such a variety of choices, Berries and natural yogurt being my first choice, was a surprise, along with the juices, smoothies, and other food choices too many to mention.

Congratulations and very well done, but on reflection I guess it should not be that much of a surprise to me as my family and myself have made the woodlands our gathering place for family occasions over the years. Therefore I do not have to elaborate on the esteem we as a family and I hold for the Woodlands

Sincerely Yours,
Paschal Rowland

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
newry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

i was looking 4 a hotel in adare looked at a few other hotels in adare but there were not very friendly. As soon as u walk in the hotel its very homely staff our lovely couldnt do enough for u. the first time we stayed was last november, we been back 3 our 4 times and have took family back with us. they very child friendly lots 4 them to do. My wedding is in february and david in the hotel is a great help to us, as im from armagh and my fiance is from kerry. he help us getting numbers for bands, video men, flowers, cars. We could as for more. by the way the spa is out of this world it's a must.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
galway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2009

my husband and I stayed in your hotel Fitzgeralds Woodlands in October. we paid a rate of €130 for double room.

I was absolutely disgusted at the state of the room... there were cobwebs hanging from the ceiling, the grouting on the bathroom tiles was dirty, ceiling was black from mildew.
one of our bedside lockers had a broken lamp and contained a previous guest's spectalcle cleaning cloth!! the other bedside locker had a sticky drawer knob (as if from sticky sweets, I hope!) the seat of the chair at the dressing table was badly stained, so we couldn't sit on it. The bed itself seemed clean, we didn't get to it till early morning....

While I didn't complain when we booked in (we were rushing to a wedding), I did point out all this at the desk when settling the bill, and was disappointed that no effort was made to compensate in price.
The Manager subsequently made a "gesture" by refunding €27 to my credit card, (which I did not authorise him to do)....bringing it to the cost of a standard room...if this was a standard room I would hate to think what the others were likel

having stayed in a hotel in Kilkenny the previous weekend in a fabulous hotel, and having gone on to Kilarney on leaving the Woodlands and stayed in a very clean, fresh hotel room, at similar rates, I found the comparison just appalling!

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel? Share your experiences!