We spent a week in Ireland at the American owned Resort in one of their "Villas". It is actually a superbly furnished townhome consisting of Three Bedrooms en suite, plus an additional downstairs bath, den, living area, dining area, kitchen, and 'conservatory' sitting room. The Manor House is a renovation of a 150 yr old mansion/castle that has been converted to a World Class resort along the lines of USA's Greenbriar and Homestead resorts in Virginia. It was a luxurious haven upon return from day trips in the beautiful country of Ireland, just south of Limerick City. Everything is immaculate and refined. The staff upon check-in are professional and attentive. The 840 acre estate is pleasant and quiet, teeming with wild life and a wonderful place to take walks.
We stayed on a package deal through a US agency who will go unnamed because I felt they lacked a certain amount of attentiveness once the package was paid for. The only negative I can say about Adare Manor was that it's food and drink services are meant for the very wealthy. Three cocktails after dinner resulted in a charge of about $15 each. We chose to imbibe in the charming village of Adare outside the walls of Adare Manor to keep more within our budget.
The accomodations in the Villas, about a 10-15 min. walk, or in our case, a two minute drive to the main Manor House, was a pure delight to call our 'home' for six nights. It is also a great base for day trips to Cork, Waterford, Ring of Kerry (a very long day), the Dingle Peninsula, The Burren and the Cliffs of Moher.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the lush heartlands of County Limerick, Adare Manor Hotel and Golf Resort is one of Ireland's most evocative and spellbinding castle hotels. Steeped in exotic history and surrounded by medieval ruins, its 840-acre demesne is home to beautiful parklands, superb trout fishing on the river Maigue, and a renowned 18 hole championship golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Senior. Unique and individual accommodation, the best of contemporary Irish food in an incomparable setting, and the highest standards of modern hospitality are hallmarks of the Manor experience. Adare Manor is a 25 minute drive from Shannon International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Adare Manor Hotel & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adare Manor Hotel And Golf Resort
- Adare Manor Hotel & Golf Adare
- Adare Manor Resort
- Adare Manor Ireland