We purchased a stay and drive package from Aer Lingus for our trip to Ireland this year. This hotel was where we stayed in Adare. The grounds and building are absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. When we arrived we were greeted warmly by the doorman, lovely chap! Upon checking in, however, the staff were aloof, not helpful and at times, almost rude. Our room was a fair walk from the lobby and we wove through the halls to get there with luggage in tow.
Once in our room, we needed to plug our mobile phones in to charge and could not locate any wall plug in the room (there were at least 6 we could see that had customized plug ins- not universal to any global plugs we had) The only plugs that had the standard UK adaptor were 2 plugs behind the large wooden entertainment unit. We called down to the front desk to inquire as to how we could get an adaptor for the unusual sockets in the room and they sent a large battery charger down and told us to scramble behind the large wooden cabinet, unplug the television and plug the battery in. We could charge our phones or watch TV. So much for a '5-Star' hotel!
We decided to eat dinner at the clubhouse restaurant (more relaxed dress code as we did not pack tie and jacket for our vacation trip) that evening and it was VERY expensive- over 100 dollars for 2 meals. The food was tasty but not worth that kind of money.
All in all, the door man was the best asset this hotel has going for it. There are beautiful buildings and grounds but it is way over priced and stuffy. If you are thinking of staying here, don't. Just drive thru for a quick visit and a few pics and stay in town.
- Also Known As:
- Adare Manor Hotel And Golf Resort
- Adare Manor Hotel & Golf Adare
- Adare Manor Hotel & Golf
- Adare Manor
- Adare Manor Resort
- Adare Manor Hotel
- Adare Manor Ireland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the lush heartlands of County Limerick, Adare Manor Hotel and Golf Resort is one of Ireland's most evocative and spellbinding castle hotels. Steeped in exotic history and surrounded by medieval ruins, its 840-acre demesne is home to beautiful parklands, superb trout fishing on the river Maigue, and a renowned 18 hole championship golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Senior. Unique and individual accommodation, the best of contemporary Irish food in an incomparable setting, and the highest standards of modern hospitality are hallmarks of the Manor experience. Adare Manor is a 25 minute drive from Shannon International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Adare Manor Hotel & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.