“A week with family in Ireland” 5 of 5 stars

Adare Manor Hotel & Golf Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Adare Village, Adare Co. Limerick, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Adare
Southampton
“A week with family in Ireland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My wife and I, sister and brother in law stayed at the Villa units at Adare Village for a week in January, where it was warmer than here in MA. (Sis and Br in law live in FL). While there was absolutely nothing we could find about Ireland in general that wasn't wonderful, Adare Village in particular was far nicer in every way than any of us could have imagined. Historic, beautiful, luxurious, warm and friendly! I must admit that for the low package price of travel, car rental and lodging I waited for the 'catch', but there was none. The food was simply fantastic.This was a time and place to remember. I can't stress enough how much we recommend this package for anyone considering a trip to Europe. Eric Gustafson, Southampton, MA.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Turkish first
Albany, Ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We were lucky enough to stay in one of their town homes for the first leg of our family European trip. The grounds are gorgeous. The first thing you see is the castle which will take your breath away. Then you go into check in which was a breeze. You'll have an escort to your room who will show you around and get you acquainted with the area. The men played golf and loved it. The town of Adare itself was quaint, but there weren't a lot of choices of restaurants. More of the Irish pubs, which are ok on occasion. Our villa was a 2 bedroom, with full kitchen and laundry facilities. We did eat at 3 of the hotel's restaurants and were pleased with our meals. Overall it was a highlight of our Ireland journey.

Room Tip: Ask for a villa. It is worth the extra money and it's nice and quiet - like being in your own...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
galway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Adare is a beautiful part of Ireland which has a lot of history. The gem is Adare Manor this is a fantastic hotel anyone visiting Ireland should try and stay there even if it's just for a night.
The manor is beautiful; the staff really friendly. Attention to detail second to none.
The food is excellent; the service is first class from the minute you set foot in the Manor you are taken care of. The staff excel in everything; down to the smallest detail. This has to be one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in world wide. The rooms are really beautiful; beds are so comfortable. Everything was prefect; it's great to be able to this. The gardens and the river running at the side of the Manor so beautiful. It's peaceful it's a different world.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Radomlje
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed at Adare Manor for 3 days. Everything is what you would expect from a member of The Leading Small Hotels of the World. The room was huge with a lovely view of the river and the golf course. Breakfast is great. The stuff and the service is amazing.
About the service... I really wanted to try the Oak Room restaurant and on the first day I came back to the hotel a few minutes after 10pm when the kitchen is already closed which I did not know. I told the waiter that I was a bit hungry and that I really really wanted to try the tasting menu as I have heard the restaurant was really good. He apologized to me as the chef just left so we agreed for the dinner the next day... I went to my room and after about 10 minutes there was a knock on my door... It was room service with sincere apologies and complimentary cheese plate and a bottle of Chardonnay! This just a bit of what you can expect from Adare Manor...
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Our group of 6 had a wonderful stay in the Villa's at Adare Manor. I have to say we were skeptical after getting such a great deal on Groupon. Don't be skeptical, this place is the real deal. We arrived in Dublin at 5 a.m. and it was an easy 2 1/2 hour drive to Adare. Since it was so early when we arrived, we were advised to go to town and have breakfast. We went and had a nice breakfast at I think Delish and then went to the market to get some food and drinks for the villa. When we got back it was about 10 am and they checked us in right away, very nice not to have to wait all day after flying all night.
The villa is great. We have a time share and I would compare it to that, only nicer because there was a bathroom in every bedroom. We had three couples and once we went into our room, we had privacy. This made it comfortable for everyone. The decor is very nice and inviting. We pulled a chair from the sun room into the main living area to make it comfortable for 6 of us. The kitchen is stocked with enough supplies to make simple meals. We made bacon, eggs & toast twice and chili for dinner once. The other mornings we had cereal and banana's. Having the kitchen did save us some money as we found eating out expensive, even for simple meals.
The grounds and the manor house are simply amazing, we couldn't have asked for a nicer location to stay in. The first day we did the 20 euro tour of the manor house, we felt like it was worth it. We love history and really enjoyed learning about the manor and local area. We wanted to go to the manor for high tea, but time went by to quickly and never got around to it. My brother -in-law went running a few mornings and said it was a little spooky in the dark.
I had read on here that the villa wasn't well supplied, but honestly it wasn't bad. There was plenty of toilet paper. We did bring a baggie of dish washer pods and laundry detergent that we used. There was salt, hand soap and dish soap available though.
I will list the negatives, because I know as a planner I would want all of the details. Just keep in mind that these things are just observations or so minor they didn't affect our vacation at all.
-The washer and dryer really do stink! They hold practically nothing and take forever.
-The master bathroom has a terrible design. The shower door is a very strange design that allows cool air to freeze you and then when you open it to get out it gets water all over the floor.
-Then there are the towel warmers (a great idea in theory) but there are 2 problems. One they come on automatically at certain times (you have no control) and these times are not usually when you are having your shower. Two going back to the bad design they are a long way from the shower, so it's not like you can just reach out and grab a warm towel. The best thing about the towel warmers is that they are better at drying clothes than the dryer!
Because we traveled in January we spent a lot of time worrying about the cold. We shouldn't have worried so much. It was cold sometimes, but not as cold as it was at home. We were all hot at night and slept with the bedroom windows open. There were no bugs that we saw in January!
In closing if you have a chance to stay here for a great deal like we did, do it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed,as a family, in one of the Villas. Everything a family could need was available. The rooms are big and comfortable and very well equipped .The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful: nothing was too much trouble.
We had dinner in the Manor and the Club house. In each location the food was delicious, a gourmet treat. The head waiters advice on choice of menu and wine was spot on and they made us feel special. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly.
We have stayed in Adare Manor a few times now and we have never been disappointed. For value, comfort, friendliness and culinary delights it is simply the best that Ireland has to offer.
Special thanks to Ray, the courtesy car driver, and Linda, who is ever efficient at looking after our reservations.
You won't find better

Tom L

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have to admit I was more than a bit sceptical of all the wonderful reviews of Adare Manor. Once I arrived and had settled in I knew they were all true! My group of 4 stayed in the Villas and were greeted by Albert upon our arrival. He was every bit as nice and helpful as the other reviewers had said. After we explained to him that our car rental agency (Dan Dooley) had just thrown us in a car with a built in GPS and no instructions whatsoever he came by later and dropped off printed instructions he found on the internet! Is that service or what!? It actually saved us many times as we traveled around Ireland. I'd say it's imperative to have a GPS there. Even with one we ended up on some Godforsaken cow path in the Burren but we enjoyed every minute of our "adventure".
I'd also like to send a big thank you to Mary, the stateside contact for Adare, who put a note on our account to "take care of us". Albert did so by giving us his favorite villa, #17. It really was wonderful and HUGE! The 4 of us each had our own room and full bath. We truly felt as if we were living in the lap of luxury for the week we were there. We traveled hundreds of miles each day and it was so nice to come back to such a lovely place at the end of the day.
Breakfast was included with our stay and we thoroughly enjoyed it each morning. The girls that work there are incredibly nice and gave us little extras that weren't part of our breakfast deal. As they told us "We want our visitors here to be happy." Well, we certainly were. We also LOVED the afternoon tea in the manor house. Quite an experience altho we were surprised to see some of the men in sloppy jeans. Hate to say it but I was thinking "Hmmm...Americans?" Anyway the manor is a "don't miss"!
The only issues we had were having a tough time getting the heat regulated in the villa. Some rooms were warm, others cold. It seemed as if one person/room controlled some of the others. I may be wrong. My BF didn't seem to think it was an issue but us ladies were either too chilly or too hot the whole week. We did love those heated towel bars tho! The only other thing we didn't like was the lighting at the gate that led to the town. It was very poor and twice we stepped in mud that we got in the car, all because we couldn't see the sidewalk at night.
Small quibbles for what was a picture perfect stay. We blew kisses to our wonderful villa as we drove away on our last day!

Room Tip: Ask for Villa #17
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Adare Manor Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!