“Nice smoking area” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
LIMERICK
“Nice smoking area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

Nice modern pub with some old style features such as the old stove fireplace, an ideal place to enjoy a hot drink on a cold winters day. For the warmer days, the smoking area/ beer garden is one of the best in adare. More info found here: www.mylocalpub.ie/view_pub.php?pub_ID=422

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Friendly bar and good fish and chips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

The owner is so friendly and the food was very good
Loved our time in this pub!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
denver
“Our best night in Ireland was at Sean Collins and Sons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

First I must say that we love Adare. It's a great little village. We had so much fun at Sean Collin's Pub! The night we were there was karaoke night for those who enjoy that. Our most fun was talking to the locals. Sean and others there were friendly and funny. We learned much about Ireland and Adare. Great pints too! Warm and cozy and updated atmosphere. A must visit!

Visited June 2011
Palm Springs, California
“The perfect ending to our incredible trip through Ireland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

We spent 10 days traveling through Ireland (within which 3 days were spent in Edinburgh, Scotland). Upon our return from Edinburgh, we took a train from Dublin to Limerick. On a suggestion from my beautiful partner, we took a bus from Limerick to Adare. Got off the bus, walked around the corner and saw the Adare Village Inn so we walked down to see about accommodations. The door on the Inn refers you to Sean Collins & Sons Bar for info. Went to the bar to inquire about the Inn and met Sean. We immediately knew upon his offering to show us the rooms in the Inn that we had indeed found a special place. Sean's warmth and generous knowledge of the surrounding Village of Adare made that clear to us. The pub was our home for the 2 days we spent in Adare. We could not have had a better home for our stay. Great food, great drink, great company. The patrons were wonderful and treated us as family. Thank you Sean and Bridie.

Jonathan, Alyssa, Meghan, and Mark

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

This pub/bar had the best food BY FAR out of all of the places we visited in Ireland! Pizza and hamburgers were amazing, and the Irish coffee was perfect! The only issue we had was when we went to get the bill. We were a group of 13 and had 3 waiters serving us, not sure if they typed in extra beers/food on accident or not, but when it came time to pay the bill they had a substantially different number of items on the bill than we ordered, and did not want to hear that they were wrong. I would definitely go back, the food was absolutely worth it, I would just pay as I ordered to avoid any complications and overcharges! The live music they played there was also great, and gave the perfect Irish pub ambiance.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
bearcollins, Owner at Sean Collins & Sons Bar, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
Thank You for taking the time to write a review on Trip advisor. We are delighted to hear that you thought our food was by far the best of all the places you visited in Ireland and that you really enjoyed the atmosphere in our bar. The Irish Music is great and really adds to the atmosphere every night . We have put alot of thought and time into developing our menu for the bar and are very proud of the food that we provide for our customers.
Initally two of your group came into the bar and ordered food and drinks and we placed the orders on a tab. As other memebers of your group came in I organised tables to accommodate everyone, close to the music. I set up another tab and placed all the food and drinks ordered after that on the second tab. It was an extreamly busy night for us and two of my staff and myself were continuously taking orderes from different members of your group during the 3 hours or so that your group were in our bar. Each member was ordering seperately and as each order was taken it was then added to the tab. As everyone in your group was ordering seperately it was difficult for you to keep tract of what your group had ordered but I assure you that your group was not charged for anything that was not ordered. This would be very unprofessional of me and goes against every fiber in my body. I have been serving customers in my bar in Adare for the past 25 years and I have never overcharged anyone. I spent at least 25 minutes sitting at your table going through the bill with each of your group as the bill had to be seperated and was paid for by 5 different members of your group. When the bill was paid the older gentleman in the group introduced me to his children and grandchildren and one of your group asked for and was given a Harp glass. Your group seemed to be very happy with everything and you gave me no indication at this time that you were unhappy with the bill. To say that I did not want to hear that I was wrong is unfair as I made sure I checked and rechecked the bill with my staff before I presented it to you so that there I would nto make any mistakes.
I am surprised and upset that you did not say anything to me about the bill when I was speaking with you outside my bar before you left and instead have used Trip advisor to let me know how you feel. If you had said something on the night I could have let you speak to the other staff memebers to reassure you as to what each member of your group ordered from them.
Thank you again for speaking so highly of the astmosphere in our bar and especially your fantastic comments regarding our food. We are so grateful to you. We hope that you will return again some time soon.