“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Kitchen

Courtyard Kitchen
The Courtyard, Main Street | Carrick on Shannon, Co. Leitrim, Carrick-on-Shannon, Ireland
+353 71 967 1894
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Courtyard Kitchen Restaurant & Wine Bar Located within the Courtyard - Beside Murtaghs Bar.Courtyard Kitchen is a stylish Restaurant offering Great Food & Drink in Comfortable Surroundings. The Atmosphere is Exciting, the staff are Friendly and Professional and most of all the Menu & Drinks are Reasonably Priced.Courtyard Kitchen is an ideal setting for a chat over Coffee, Glass of Wine a Beer or Delicious Meal.Lunch / Dinner and Party Menus are on offer - Courtyard Kitchen is open from 12pm each day till late
Monaghan, Ireland
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Had a great 3 course meal of real hearty food. Great selection on menu, service was great and food was delicious. Relaxed environment and a great place to pop into. Good value 4 money too!!

El Cajon, California
“A Little Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I dined here last Friday - October 25th, 2013. The dinner was extremely good. I had the special - sea bass with a slightly sweet, sticky glaze that was superb. It came with sauteed samphire - the first time I tried it - and I loved it. My husband had a steak that he said was done exactly the way he loved it - with two types of spuds - chips and mash...he was in heaven! We also had dessert - which was equally good - I can't fault this place. The waiter was very friendly and competent. We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience and will be back - can't wait to eat there again... oh yes, the wine is very good - by the glass or bottle... they have an excellent wine list. The only very small complaint I have would be that the table for 2 was a little small for all the food we ordered...:) Love this place!

Roscommon, Ireland
“Faultless Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I dined alone here for lunch. The front of house/waitress was very friendly, efficient and helpful. The surroundings relaxed but smart.
I chose the Fish and Chips with Pea Puree. The fish on the day was cod and came from the fresh fish merchant only two doors away. It was cooked to perfection in a golden home made batter which was crisp and not at all greasy. The chips came in the form of "french fries" but were absolutely fine. The pea puree was more of a crushed consistency rather than a puree with good flavour and texture. The whole plate was beautifully presented with a side salad in its own individual bowl with great dressing and a small pot of the most wonderful homemade tartare sauce I have ever tasted!! The should make and sell this alone.
On the whole it was a lovely lunchtime experience and I would certainly recommend and eat there again. Oh, and they also do great coffee.

Leitrim, Ireland
“Simply Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

It's not often that I write any sort of review but when you've been to a place that always delivers, 100%, time and time again, one cannot but oblige ! The CK is one of those few places where form and function come perfectly together without the pomp and ado that are so characteristic of restaurants in this class. The place is well planned and thought out with just the right capacity, a relaxing atmosphere, comfortable seating and adequate room between tables that allow for a decent private conversation. Presentation is spot on, whether it's the cleanliness of the restaurant area and the rest rooms, the tidy appearance of the staff or the orderly and polite manner in which they serve you.

The menu might fool you at first as being straightforward and familiar but there's some imaginative cooking going on in CK's kitchen. The quality of the food is first rate, with portions just the right size and a well balanced but yet sublime combination of flavours. For those who are into wine, they have a good selection of classic and new world wines, which are always served at the right temperature and in the right glasses.

The other thing is there are no stomach upsets to be had once you're about to leave. The last time we've been there, we had 3 x 3 course meals for under Eur 100, wine included.

As far as I'm concerned, this is one place you should not miss when you're in Carrick. They are genuine, consistent and a perfect example of what constitutes a fine and personal restaurant.

leitrim
“Fabulous night with fabulous food and a fabulous waitress.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I went for a me here last night with another 2 and we had a most enjoyable meal together. We had 3 courses each and a bottle of wine. Our food was lovely and hot. Our waitress Eilish was very very welcoming and couldn't do enough for us during our meal and some friendly banter was had which you dont always experience when out in a restaurant. We all enjoyed our meals and were very happy with the bill at the end. Thank you to the courtyard kitchen for a lovely night. keep it up :)