“Excellent value, lovely hotel” 4 of 5 stars

You added Bush Hotel to your Saves list
Bush Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Town Centre, Carrick-on-Shannon, Ireland   |
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent value, lovely hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Very spacious & comfortable room. Staff welcoming, informative and friendly. Hotel conveniently located for the town's amenities. Enjoyed a traditional music evening in Cryan's pub.
Breakfast was excellent with a wide range of food. Will return.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

218 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fairfield, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I visited the area in July with my daughter and had a great experience. The Bush Hotel has a wonderful breakfast of fresh fruits, breads, hot and cold cereal and of course the traditional Irish breakfast for those with a hearty appitite. There was plenty of room for my visiting cousins and no bother to get directions or have multiple messages left for me. The hotel is centurally located to the night life and restaurants and you can experience a lot with a short walk to the Shannon River. The owner, Joe Dolan, is highly visible to make sure your stay is a good one, with his quick smile and sweet face. The staff couldn't have been more helpful or accommodating.

The rooms are old world style, clean and comfortable and there is plenty of parking in the rear. The hotel is so big, that if you get lost, you can look up and see the sign for the Bush Hotel to find your way back.

Room Tip: I did not inquire about utilizing the fitness center or room service, so I cannot comment.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Newry, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We visited this hotel last weekend on a hen weekend. There were 26 of us. The hotel staff were just unbelievable, there was nothing that they wouldn't/couldn't do for you. They treated us to a surprised champagne reception on arrival. The hotel was gorgeous and the food was wonderful. I wouldn't normally leave a review, but everything was that perfect, I just want everybody else to know. I have recommended the hotel to several people who are thinking to book hen/stag weekends. A big THANK YOU to Joe, Dee, Breda and all the staff at the Bush Hotel. C x

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Drogheda, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I went with active retired, great hotel, friendly staff, great food, lovely room, good value, central, would recommend it to friends.
What a great hotel to stay in,and so much to do in Carrick-on-Shannon
Make sure you take time to look at all the photos in the hotel.
Our next trip here will be for two weeks, three days is just not long enough !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I came here for dinner with the Irish Pilgrumiage trust and the food was lovely. Our room looked like a palace with a royal table. The soup I had for a starter was lovely and the main course I had (sorry cant remember what I had) was gorgeous. Then for desert we got to choose a variety of ice cream in which I had a ship of strawberry ice cream with chocolate biscuity sticks which was heaven. The coffee was lovely as well! I loved the fact that it brings back the time when my gran and grandad had their wedding resception here. I can't wait to come back again! :D

• Stayed June 2013
Wicklow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

A very pleasant trip down memory lane for me this Summer when I revisited
Carrick-on-Shannon & stayed at The Bush Hotel. The staff on arrival at reception were most welcoming friendly & efficient. My room was perfect. Big, sound proof & the bed most comfortable.Very good Irish food and the service was helpful and unobtrusive. There is a pleasant room/library with an open fire next to dinning room to relax in after dinner.
The car spaces just outside the backdoor, and the Hotel being situated in the town, all sites are within walking distance and the Shannon river quays.
"Old World" but up to date comforts. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed in The Bush Hotel in Carrick on Shannon for my hens party with 30 ladies aged 19-73, we all loved every minute of it. My sister organised the whole trip via email and phone calls she commented it was all done very easily and professionally (even though we had to make several changes). One lady actually re-booked for a weekend away with her grandsons before she left. My very organised sister emailed Annette a list of girls and their room groups, when we got there we were handed keys and sent on our way and it was all organised in 5 minutes with my sister. The ladies on reception told us exactly which pub and club to go to and they were spot on. Breakfast was served until after 11 in the cafe if we missed breakfast (which we did) and the food was amazing. Due to our own miscalculation of time we asked late in the afternoon could we move our dinner back and they facilitated us no problem.There were another two hens party's dining in the hotel and we were all together in a separate dining room to other guests which i was delighted about because we were very loudly dressed and merry so we didn't feel like a burden on other guests, the room was decorated for the hens by the hotel and our steaks were cooked to our taste which is uncommon in a large group. The security at night was brilliant the only people allowed into the reception after hours were guests who were written on the guest list, residents bar was very relaxed and friendly smoking area is as clean as a whistle and rooms are most probably newly refurbished it is in the most central spot in the town. The decor and furniture are stunning.The staff are beautiful and welcoming and some girls were given tea and toast in the middle of the night when they needed a snack. The manager that weekend was a wonderful man who called myself and my sister to reception before we left to thank us for the weekend and choosing their hotel. I have never ever met such a welcoming and truly generous bunch of people in my life and i will definitely be back again. It made my weekend to stay here.
thank you so much.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Bush Hotel? Share your experiences!