We stayed at the Bush Hotel (now called the 'Gree' Bush Hotel if I get the hotel blurb right) for two nights. The hotel is without a doubt dated - even the 'new' part.
1. The receptionist (Dee?) was superb! She was helpful, courteous, friendly, and more than ready to help with the problem that follows in a bit.
2. Do not order dinner unless you are VERY hungry. To say the portions are generous would be to say the are mean. I have never had so much smoked salmon as a starter in my life. And I can eat a lot of smoked salmon!
3. We had a *BAD* smell of something very unpleasant in our room late 1st evening. Dee (?) very quickly offered us another room and insisted we inspect it before deciding to take it. The room was much better and was smell free.
4. The second day whilst having a shower the water suddenly cut off. Left soaped up, I was wondering if I should just towel off when the water came back on in a jet - thankfully I was out of range of the scalding hot water and no harm done. The reception again asked if we wanted to move room without question. It turned out the workmen working on the first problem had cut the water off during inspection.
5. Each room had little oddities about it that made the hotel annoyingly quaint. Switches that switched nothing on or off. A remote that changed channel but wouldn't affect sound either way. A shower that spat, spluttered and then showered properly.
6. Great to see a small local hotel providing a charge point for those of you with an electric car.
All in all, the Bush (green or otherwise) is a funny sort of hotel and won't appeal to everyone. However, if you are looking for an economy if somewhat quirky hotel in the centre of Carrick-on-Shannon, with great big helpings of food, with very pleasant staff, well...... this might be for you.
- Also Known As:
- Bush Hotel Carrick On Shannon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bush Hotel, Carrick on Shannon is a charming award winning boutique Hotel with open fires, themed lounges and bars, coffee shop and restaurant, chic bedrooms along with extensive and flexible conferencing and banqueting facilities seamlessly blending modern day living with old world charm. The Bush Hotel is steeped in history, charm and character with many memorabilia from the past. Ideal location in the town centre of Carrick on Shannon just off the main Dublin to Sligo Road (N4) close to all amenities with the River Shannon just a short stroll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Bush Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.