“Party of sixteen” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Town Centre, Carrick-on-Shannon, Ireland   |
ireland
“Party of sixteen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Just had a small function at the Hotel cannot praise the efficiency and courtesy enough.The food and service was superb.Bedroom was large with clean comfortable bed.Wifi was available in the bedroom.Breakfast was more than adequate with table service,which is convenient for the less mobile guests.All our guests were more than satisfied.There was a personal touch to the Management and you were made feel your business was appreciated.Will be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

218 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Just back from a 3 day break in the Bush Hotel, which my husband and I enjoyed very much.

We had a lovely big room and the staff where very friendly and went out of their way to help us.
The food was very good and the lady serving breakfast couldn't do enough for us. The bar staff
where also very nice.We will be back again.
Marie C. Co Dublin..

Room Tip: Room's at the back less noisy
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We are just back from a 2 night stay at the Bush. 2 adults + 2 kids. Room was great, modern and very clean. The mattress on the double bed could do with being upgraded but apart from that we were very happy.
Breakfast was good, hotel was quiet if there were stags or hens we didn't see them. Staff were friendly and the location is good. I would recommend the Bush and will be back again.
A word of warning though.. it is hard to find anywhere to eat in Carrick On Shannon on a Sunday or Monday. Everywhere is closed. We had a great Asian meal in Victoria Hall but didn't get to the Oarsman until Tuesday lunchtime .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I arranged my future brother in laws stag which took place 11th Aug 12, 18 lads,b & b, paintballing and meal arranged in hotel-everything was brilliant from start to finish-i spoke with a lady called Dee who helped me with any queries i had and she organised everything-the lads arrived and got checked in promptly,bus then took them to & from paintballing which was organised by hotel, on return they sat down to a beautiful meal, service was excellent, food delicious,i have to say i would reccommend this hotel to anyone-very helpful staff, very accomadating when your dealing with large numbers, i was very impressed as was all the lads, it makes such a difference when you are met and dealt with friendly, helpful staff, i couldnt have asked for any better,

thank you Bush Hotel and well done for your hospitality

Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I arranged for 19 of us to stay at the bush hotel for my sisters hen weekend and it was fab....helped along by the friendly staff, large comfortable rooms and first central location! the hotel was generally really nice and we had a lovely meal and fantastic breakfast!!! all 19 girls agreed it was great value for money.... totally recommend this hotel, no matter what age you are or who you are with, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: the rooms in this hotel are large, clean and comfortable. bathroom was great too!
Western Ireland, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

My self and friends stayed in the hotel ! We all payed the exact same amount for the rooms but my room to the front of the hotel was musky and what was the worst was on the lamp shade it was covered in cobwebs which gave the feeling of it not being cleanes properly!! It wasnt nice ! The other girls.had a lovely airy room new style completely different to mine !! Breakfast was nice however! Dont think id stay again !

• Stayed September 2011
dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

The Bush Hotel surpassed my every expectation this weekend so I'd just like to acknowledge their "extra mile attitude" here... I booked 25 girls in to celebrate my sisters hen party. From the second of my arrival, I felt completely welcome like you don't usually get as part of a hen. The ladies at reception greeted me with smiles and pleasant chat and really took an interest in our party, they then immediately organised that I receive help with my bags and insisted we ask if we needed anything at all that would make our time there any better..(I travel a lot and I don't often see staff this pleasant) it was all just so easy and warm. Checking out was just as positive, again the staff offering help and wishing us a great day, asking about our night and generally making everyone feel so welcome....even offering coffee before we left as I'm sure we looked pretty tired after our big night out. They accommodated us in any way possible, allowing us a beautiful reception room to have our meet and greet etc so I really hope that anyone considering going here does, so central, so friendly, food at breakfast was lovely so I for once don't even have one thing negative thing to say, except I wish we could have stayed longer:)

The Hen's are still talking about it so thanks so much to you all, it really set the scene for a fab night...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Bush Hotel? Share your experiences!