“Beware of false advertising” 1 of 5 stars

You added Leitrim Inn Lodge to your Saves list
Leitrim Inn Lodge
Carrick-on-Shannon, Ireland   |
Cork, Ireland
“Beware of false advertising”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

The rooms look nothing like the website. They are absolutely filthy. Damp seeping through wallpaper and grime on windows that have curtains on them that haven't been changed in years.

The beds are completely uncomfortable and have dirty bed linen on them.

I thought I was getting a bargain when I saw the pictures. I should have known better.

The only thing I can say was decent was the car park. I might have been better off sleeping in my car come to think of it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Donegal Town, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

myself and 3 other friends checked into this hotel for one night, we were shocked an slightly disapointed wen we arrived but there was one thing we did notice it was CLEAN, it was bit out of fashion but we just were in it to get ready and head into carrick on shannon which was only 9e between us in taxi and only took us 3/4mins to get to carrick. the beds were clean and it was reasonable for the price! it cost us €60 between 4. what else do you expect for a 15 each.??

Room Tip: book family room
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

I stayed in Leitrim Inn Lodge last weekend for one night and would never recommend it to anyone. Firstly, it is NOT IN CARRICK-ON-SHANNON! The pub with rooms upstairs in located a few miles outside of Carrick, in Leitrim Village so you need a car/taxi to get in and out of Carrick. The rooms loo nothing like they do on the internet. We had to wait in the bar with our bags before checking in and the young girl who we spoke to first laughed when we said we were there to check-in. There isn't even a reception area.
I booked this on behalf of my friends and I was embarrased when we got into the rooms. I said to the lady that the rooms were NOTHING like the images on their web page but seemingly only a couple of rooms look slightly modern! I would suggest looking up B&Bs instead of going here. I got the impression it was a hotel but it's more like a grubby old hostel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Leitrimlodge, Owner at Leitrim Inn Lodge, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
I wish to respond to this review as we have refurbished since these pictures were taken, I am unable to upload recent pictures on this page therefore would appreciate if you can advise me how to.

Travelers are raving about these Carrick-on-Shannon hotels

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

this inn is advertised as a "hotel" on its website but is definitely one of the most dated places I have ever stayed in.. so much so that while I was there I was looking around and wondering if this is what hotels were like in the 50s. It was like something out of a black and white detective filem. Rooms are at the back over an oldfashioned style pub. When we arrived the lock on the door of the room we were staying in was broken. had to leave our things anyway as were rushing to a wedding in carrick-on-shannon which was about 15 mins drive away while they changed the handle and lock...walls were paper thin and really narrow stairway and hall way.. could here people creaking up at night. Room faced directly onto main road so could hear little boy racers up and down all night. The lady who dealt with us though was very helpful.. I have stayed in dublin hotels of similar standard to this hotel for the same money way over priced for what it is. ensuite was tiny and no breakfast... dont think they actually serve food at all. Will not be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Leitrim Inn Lodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Leitrim Inn Lodge

Address: Carrick-on-Shannon, Ireland
Location: Ireland > Western Ireland > Province of Connacht > County Leitrim > Carrick-on-Shannon
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Airport Transportation
Ranked #13 of 25 B&Bs / Inns in Carrick-on-Shannon
The Leitrim Lodge, is conveniently located within 5 minutes drive of Carrick on Shannon town centre. This makes The Leitrim Lodge Hotel the ideal accommodation option for Individuals, Couples, Families, Business Trips, Hen & Stag Parties and other groups. Accommodation options are flexible to suit your needs and Guests have a choice of Single, Double, Twin, Family or Quadruple rooms (includes Ground Floor Room with Disabled access Facilities). We offer a Full Range of Packages and Activities all at great value rates! All Rooms are ensuite, and in room features include TV, hair dryers, Tea/Coffee making facilities. Washing & Ironing Facilities. Complimentary Wi-Fi Access is also available at The Leitrim Lodge Hotel. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Leitrim Inn Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Leitrim Inn Lodge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.