“Amazing restaurant in an amazing town!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 60 Restaurants in Kinsale
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
“Amazing restaurant in an amazing town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Went here for dinner one night with my husband's management team & this place did not disappoint! Fabulous staff in a home-like setting, almost like having dinner @ Grandma's except in Ireland Haha Fried Brie is to die for!!! And the warm goat cheese salad plus chowder was a great decision as all the guys who ordered entrees had HUGE portions that they could not finish. My husband really enjoyed his lamb too. The staff was lovely & eager to please even though we were a large group & arrived late. Cannot wait to go back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“very good, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I've gone here many times and I must say I've enjoyed. Good food, helpful staff, and nice area/enviornment. But, recently someone I came here with got very sick from a seafood dish served here. I wouldn't let that stop you from eating here though. As I already said its a nice pkace, but just be careful what you chhose.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cork Ireland
“Lovely meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I had always heard about the Man Friday but had never eaten here so myself and my partner decided to treat ourselves one night and we really enjoyed it! The food was top notch with a lovely menu and the service was very good! A small bit expensive but definitely a real treat! We will be back.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“First time here and it was lovely!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

A few friends had told me about this place so we said we would try it out! And it was lovely! The service was warm and friendly, the food was delicious and the atmosphere was relaxed, what more could you ask for!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cork
“Not as good as it used to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My partner and I along with my parents, who have been loyally frequenting the Man Friday for the best part of the last 30 years, ate at the man friday the tuesday before christmas. The restaurant was not busy, there were approx only 16 people seated, and all corralled into the "extension" part of the restaurant. The staff were courteous, but they were not friendly, which was strange as the place was not busy at all. I have been in this restaurant when it was packed and the staff were frantically busy AND friendly. We all had the early bird menu, and whilst the food certainly wasn't "bad" it seems to have lost its "wow" factor. This and then to be charged for a top up coffee ..small things perhaps, but overall, it was a terribly disappointing experience - Kinsale is a long way to travel for an average meal.

• Visited December 2012