We arrived 20 mins after check in time for our first break away in 3 years due to finances. Kids so excited. The girl on the desk said sorry Sir but your room won't be ready for another half hour. Sorry kids we'll just sit here in reception as our room is being cleaned. We waited and watched four families of 2+2 kids check in "one hour" after we arrived to the same rooms. Wife went up and the girl said sorry just 10 more minutes. 15 mins later we got our room (no.124) at 5.35pm. Why not give our room to those checking in later??? We booked dinner at check in for 8pm. We arrived for dinner at 8.05, sorry sir we don't have a table it'll be a few mins. Seated at 8.10, fine. Orders taken at 8.30!! 9.10pm sorry is there a problem with our starters?? Apologies sir I thought you were waiting on your mains.... Figure that answer out?? 9.20pm (we booked for 8) our starters arrive as kids watch us eat...well try eat. My Caesar salad was without doubt the worst starter I have ever been served in my life, yellow lettuce going brown all over and a dressing like watery sour milk with dessert spoon of salt mixed in. Took two bites, don't know why I took second. Wife had nice soup. 9.50pm two kids got to eat and our mains soon followed. They were fine, her steak a bit dry. 10.20 dessert ordered for kids and wife. I had left to go to bar and calm down and watch Golf. They followed in at 11.10, their ice cream came at 10.55pm as waiter said sorry didnt realise they were still waiting.
Wife said our two boys nearly fell asleep at dessert. Sad to see this sort of service. While watching golf having a few drinks at bar, Barman says to one of staff he is fed up with this and he won't do this again as he is surrounded by bar tables full of half eaten food and bar counter with over fifty empty glasses on it. At least Rory won the golf. Staff need help and proper training, for our three hour meal "NOT ONCE" were we asked is everything ok. Two days later we had staff falling over our every need in a Carrigaline Hotel where we stayed the Tuesday night. Kinsale by the way is a must visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carlton Hotel Kinsale is set on 90 acres of mature wooded parkland with panoramic views overlooking Oysterhaven Bay, this luxury Kinsale hotel are committed to providing the highest standards and take pride in their tranquil surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Carlton Hotel & C Spa Kinsale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton Kinsale Hotel Kinsale
- Carlton Kinsale Hotel And Spa
- Carlton Hotel Kinsale