I spent two nights in this hotel as a guest at a family wedding. The views from the hotel are spectacular, overlooking a river and a bay. There are lively areas to sit out in to admire the view. The hotel itself is off the beaten track and can be difficult to find. The Garmin Sat Nav co ordinates for the hotel were incorrect and so it brought us through Kinsale and in a completely different direction. The rooms are large and spacious. Go for the rooms facing the bay. The lighting in the room is poor and the bulb in wardrobe was not working so it was hard to see. The hotel uses bit buzz for its wi fi service but it is very poor quality and a very weak. signal. The food at breakfast was excellent but the dinner was not great for the price charged. When my mother complained that the duck was not well done, the chef sent word back to say that there was nothing wrong with the duck?! The staff work very very hard and are friendly but clearly the hotel is understaffed in all areas of the hotel. This could be a really superb hotel with a few small changes. But I enjoyed the two days there and the wedding reception and meal itself were excellent, along with the service. The location is also stunning and relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carlton Hotel Kinsale is set on 90 acres of mature wooded parkland with panoramic views overlooking Oysterhaven Bay, this luxury Kinsale hotel are committed to providing the highest standards and take pride in their tranquil surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Venere, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Carlton Hotel & C Spa Kinsale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton Kinsale Hotel Kinsale
- Carlton Kinsale Hotel And Spa
- Carlton Hotel Kinsale