This is supposed to be a 4 star Hotel. Try 2 star.
Arrived on Sunday night 8.00pm went to room. Wanted coffee. Coffee tray dirty no milk. Asked reception. Never arrived. Went to bar looked as if a food fight had taken place, dirty plates stacked on all tables, food everywhere. There was a wedding taking place so thought the staff may have been busy else where. Nice meal, although terribly over priced, in restaurant. Went to room to go to bed to find a big clump of hair on the carpet and when my husband bent to undo his shoes he noticed food all under the bed. We were so tired we left things till morning, although wondering how clean the rest of the room really was. \Next morning we mentioned to reception about the hair and the food they said they would sort it out. Arrived back that evening after an exhausting day doing business to find hair and food still there. Once againmy Husband went to reception to complain. 20 minutes later some one arrived with a hoover to clean. Went to bar, once again dirty plates stacked on tables food everywhere along with menus on the floor. The bar counted was so dirty it was sticky. We asked for an Americano and a Cappucino. The bar person then proceeded to have a conversation with a collegue. 10 minutes later 2 Americano's arrived when told one should be a Cappucino she just put froth on top of one of them.
We were looking forward to taking some spa treatments on the final day but were unsure just how clean it would be. The same has to be said for the kitchens. If they can let their Guests rooms and bar area get like that what is the cleaning of the kitchens like!
This is not a 4 star spar hotel. No robes and slippers in the room. which means no way to relax should you take treatments in the spa.
The staff continue to talk to collegues or answer phones when they are supposed to be talking to you. At tops this is a 2 star Hotel.
The only plus point was the view from the hotels balcony.
At £280 per night this is just a joke.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carlton Hotel Kinsale is set on 90 acres of mature wooded parkland with panoramic views overlooking Oysterhaven Bay, this luxury Kinsale hotel are committed to providing the highest standards and take pride in their tranquil surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Carlton Hotel & C Spa Kinsale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton Kinsale Hotel Kinsale
- Carlton Kinsale Hotel And Spa
- Carlton Hotel Kinsale