“Good food and Magical Music..............” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 30 things to do in Kinsale
Wenatchee, WA
“Good food and Magical Music..............”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2006

I ate at the White House Pub in July. The food was good. We had seafood, it was not the best I had in Kinsale, but it was good. But what was terrific about the White House was the Music and the people. The people who worked there and the local people who were patrons. We went back around 8pm to listen to the band. It was the Ireland I had always heard about and dreamed of. I think we were the only tourists in the place and all others were locals. The patrons all sang the songs along with the band. They talked to us and seemed genuinely interested in us and where we were from. While in Kinsale I wouldn't miss the White House Pub! I hope to go back!

Phoenix, AZ
“Try any place else”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2006

All the guide books say Kinsale is the "gourmet center of Ireland". Unfortunately I didn't get to sample that. My one night in Kinsale was marred by a terrible meal at The White House.
My seafood plate (I don't remember the name of the dish) looked and tasted like it was comprised of left-overs from other dishes, right down to the numerous grains of sand in the shellfish. The best part of the dish was the rice.
My family's meals were not much better, including a piece of over cooked fish, similarly over cooked pasta drowned in a bland sauce, and a dry and flavorless cheeseburger.