“Great place in Ireland for peaceful stay” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Barrells Cross, Kinsale, Ireland   |
Ranked #10 of 53 Kinsale B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mountain Home, Arkansas
“Great place in Ireland for peaceful stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I was traveling with a group and we all enjoyed our stay. Everything was clean and the room had a wonderful view. The bathroom was very up to date. One member of our group did not like her room, because the fumes from the boiler made her I'll, but everyone else loved theirs. I had an amazing view overlooking the river. The breakfast was the full Irish breakfast, and it was quite good. The place is off the beaten path, about seven minutes out of KInsale, so you must drive to town for shopping and eating. But, it was very peaceful and beautiful in the countryside. Get pdirections before you go. We turned around a few times trying to find it. But, it was a lovely place to stay, and I would recommend it very highly!

Room Tip: The room upstairs in the front of the house had a great view, and one of the upstairs rear rooms had...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We arrived late - the GPS did not help as much as it should have -- and that was not a problem. The room was beautiful, as was the view from the room and the breakfast area and front yard. Overall, a very nice B&B in a very nice setting.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Rancho Murieta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Hi Claire!! To all of you reading this review I am hoping my title and the fact that I open by saying Hi to Claire tells you that if you pass over this B and B for a booking, you not only will be missing out on an awesome, beautiful B and B that provides top notch rooms, breakfast, and a great staff that assist with breakfast service, you will also miss out on having the pleasure of meeting Claire! I feel she is the kind of lady that says ( to me ) here I am, I am Irish, I love people and doing what I do, and loves her home and family. Her kindness and outgoing personality is a breath of fresh air in one's travel, and she and her husband will make sure you are taken care of, one only needs to ask. I needed to take a break from driving, and since I felt so welcome there, my friend and I stayed 3 nights instead of 2! Thanks Claire for accomadating us!! So glad to have met you!

PS, for any readers that see points taken off or any negative comments from others, it just seems to me, in my opinion, those reviews are missing the mark and missing what is!

Marie

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Larne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

A really good upmarket B&B just outside Kinsale. Much better to stay here and travel 5mins into the town than try to find a parking place when staying in Kinsale.
The B&B sits on top of an elevated area with a beautiful vista and is modern, clean and very stylish. Lots of safe and roomy parking is available.
Good bedrooms with comfy beds and excellent showering and bathing facilities.
Breakfast was great and a fine range of possibilities was offered. Didn't care for the porridge which hadn't enough salt in it, otherwise everything was very tasty.
Very friendly and helpful hosts and I would stay there again. Why waste money on downmarket imitations when you can stay in style here?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

What can I say?? I think its perfectly covered in the title! My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at Rivermount 5th Aug for 3 wonderful days..... The minute we arrived I knew we had made the right choice, perfect tranquil setting and of course the amazing views. My initial reaction whilst inside the house was wow, the decor is fantastic and there isn't one bad thing I could say. We were greeted by Claire who was just lovely she showed us to our room and yet again the room was decorated to such a high standard with a huge ensuite!! We were situated to the back of the house which was more than fine because when we looked through the window we noticed the horses, much better than looking at some drab concrete in the usual hotel, and the peace and quiet was great!

After we had settled in we went down stairs to look around and claire very kindly made me a cup of tea with some very morish tray bakes, a very nice touch after a long journey esp being 8.5months pregnant!! A great host who went out of her way to please :-)

What can i say about the breakfast? One of the best breakfast's I've ever had, infact I even commented to my husband about the standard of the crockery and the napkins in they're holder etc, attention to detail was definately covered.

I could go on and on but I think you will get the jist of what im saying, over all a fantastic place to stay, very clean and reasonably priced for this standard of B+B infact this little gem is far better than some hotels and I cannot wait to stay here again!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Shipston on Stour
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We spent one night at Rivermount and were most impressed with the cleanliness of the house, the excellent breakfast and the enthusiasm and friendliness of our hosts. Our room was comfortable and very clean with an excellent shower.
We were greeted by very friendly Martin in the evening and met the delightful Clare at breakfast. Both could not have been more welcoming.
We all (3) could not recommend a b&b more highly than this - we went on to another in Kerry which was the complete opposite end of the spectrum!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tallulah Falls, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We had a lovely 2 night stay at Rivermount House. My husband and I were traveling through Ireland with 2 other couples and we all enjoyed our stay. The home is so very nice, clean, warm and inviting. We enjoyed sitting together in the front room planning the next days travels. The view was simply beautiful. The breakfast was delicious and served with elegance. Loved all the fruit and delicious breads. There were several choices each morning. My favorite was smoked salmon and eggs! We all felt very comfortable at Rivermount House. A great place to stay in Ireland.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rivermount House B&B? Share your experiences!