“Big rooms, great view, very nice” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Discover Kinsale Special
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Kinsale
Jacksonville, Florida
“Big rooms, great view, very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

First, we loved being in Kinsale so this hotel was just part of our great experience with the city. Our room was huge with a beautiful view of the harbor. We also had a huge bathroom with full sized tub. The shower stall was big, not the tube kind that is so small you can't bend over. And, there was plenty of space on the bathroom counter to spread out the toiletries in my bag. The hotel is not as new as some but very clean and comfortable.

Breakfast was plentiful and the dining room has views of the harbor. The lobby is small but we didn't really stay there much. We did have a late lunch in the dining room that was very nice.

Our only negative comment is that there was no top sheet on the bed. This was the second hotel in a row that didn't provide one so I think it might be an American custom but not European. Otherwise, we certainly enjoyed Kinsale and this hotel.

Room Tip: I think we had an upgraded room to have such a large bedroom and bathroom.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Greenie,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us in the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated the large bathrooms in our Executive rooms and well as the wonderful views over Kinsale Harbour.

I think you will find throughout Europe that the majority of hotels do not have top sheets when duvets are used at the duvets covers are changed regularly and always before new guests arrive. This would be different to the more traditional quilts. A top sheet can always be provided if requested.

We have a lounge on the 1st floor if guests would like to sit and relax without being the lobby area.

Thank you for your comments and observations.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Myakka City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed a night at the Trident and it was wonderful. The views from the minute we opened out hotel door were fantastic! Our room faced into the harbor and it was just lovely. We were there on a Sunday night and I suggest making sure you are aware of the time since we had trouble finding somewhere to have dinner. The town was quaint and I would definitely reccomend making a stop for a day or two of exploring.

Dear Courtney,

Thank you for your positive review of your recent stay with us in the Trident Hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your brief stay and that you appreciated the views from your room. I think you are right - Kinsale does deserve a couple of days at least to explore all the hidden gems!

There are about 60 places to eat in Kinsale from coffee shops through to fine dining restaurants and pubs so there shouldn't be too much difficulty in finding somewhere to eat on a Sunday.

I hope that you will have the opportunity to come back again soon.

Wantage, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Trident for a week commencing 21st June 2014. From start to finish we were pleased with the service, standard of the room and food, although we left it until the day before we left to have lunch there - big mistake as it was the best meal we had all week!!!! The view from our room was excellent and the room was a lovely size. I woke each morning to sunshine on the harbour (except maybe one morning) air conditioning was well received as I like to have windows open but due to not wanting to be disturbed by cars or boats!!! kept the windows shut at night (not a complaint) rooms were kept tidy daily. Breakfast was served from 7.30 until 10.30 mon to sat then 8.30 to 10.30 on a sunday. This was well received as we didnt feel rushed to wake etc too early. The breakfast was vast and if there was anything we wanted that wasnt there, the staff were only too obliging to help. Tables were waited on and cleared away very quietly and quickly. My husband and I were most appreciative of the manager who made the effort to mix with customers at meal times and actually speak with them, making time to listen, this was the first time we had experienced this and were very impressed. This was our first holiday without our teenagers and we came to look into where my Grandfather was born, we couldnt have hoped for a better hotel to stay in. Thank you Trident.

Room Tip: Ask for a 3rd floor room otherwise your view will be the carpark. Our room was 309 - rooms below wit...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Andrea,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us last week.

It was a pleasure to meet both you and your husband.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you experience of the Trident was a positive one. I hope your search for the family roots was successful.

We very much appreciate your kind and very positive comments about your stay with us and hope we will see you again soon - with or without the teenagers ( there is lots for them to do in Kinsale also!)

Timonium, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Our reservations at Blue Haven were canceled somehow. They sent us to the Trident. I'm so glad they did. What great experience. Great room, great view of harbor, breakfast good. Staff were very helpful. On site restaurant the Wharf was also good. Alittle walk to town center but worth it

Stayed June 2014
Dear Autoxer48,

Every cloud has a silver lining!

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Kinsale. Although you didn't plan to stay with us I'm delighted that everything worked our for you. I'm sure you would have been very comfortable in the Blue Haven but sometimes there can be hiccups with bookings on either end. On the plus side you got to see a little more of the town and I hope the experience was a positive one.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again to Kinsale and the Trident Hotel.

Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

A friend and I were there for an outside broadcast of Pat Kenny's Newstalk show. We had a lovely breakfast before the show and a gorgeous lunch after. They have carvery, soups, sandwiches, fish n chips and all sorts - something for everyone, and all the dishes I saw at the tables around us looked beautifully cooked. Staff are great and the manager came around to every table to chat to the guests. I love the quirkiness of the common areas of this bar. Loads of places to sit and enjoy the amazing view of Kinsale harbour. The aspect of the hotel is such that it's even lovely to look out on a rainy day. Lunch and breakfast were

Dear Mary,

Thank you for your review of your visit to the Trident last Friday. I'm disappointed that it was Pat Kenny and not me that brought you down!!

It was great to have the live broadcast from the Trident and also it created the opportunity to welcome people such as you and your friend who may not have known us before.

Thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Lovely lovely hotel with views out on to the little sailing harbour. Magnificent views from the breakfast room if you get a table near the window. Breakfast is lovely and there is a huge range to choose from, partially buffet and partially to order.
Unfortunately as you can look out of the windows from the bedroom, so can people also look in to your room to. Not a problem as long as your not trying to get dressed etc...which means you have to shut the main curtains (blackout curtains) and then it is really dark in the room as there is only a dim romantic kind of light. They could do with some thin white curtains so that there is still enough light in the room without anyone watching you get dressed.
The TV could also get an upgrade ;-) and only has 4 channels - would have loved a music channel but I know that is just being picky.
Staff is very friendly and helpful.
Rooms were clean and bed was comfortable.
We had some drinks and canapés in the afternoon which were lovely too.
Wifi did not work in the room even though it was complementary.

Room Tip: any room that has a view on to the harbour which I think they all do. If you go for a room higher up...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear PinkAngel25,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us in the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and particularly our location overlooking the harbour.

We plan on reviewing our policy regarding net curtains in the bedrooms but we would like to find a way of providing privacy without spoiling the views.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast and the variety of local produce that was on offer.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you to the Trident and Kinsale again soon and perhaps some more of your friends and family from Austria!

Thank you for your kind comments.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Just back from a short stay at the Trident where we had a very enjoyable stay. Junior suite was spacious and clean with great views over the harbour. Every room in the hotel has excellent views. We were lucky to have some great weather and the sun shone down on the harbour long into the evening which gave guests in the hotel the luxury of sipping on their drinks while gazing over the still waters. The hotel provide tables and chairs right on the edge of the harbour.
Staff were excellent . Friendly and chatty but also very efficient . Have to mention we were a bit disappointed when we went for a evening meal to be told that the main restaurant was closed but we could dine in the Wharf bar which we thought was only doing bar food. It turn out to be delicious food very professionally served.
Recommendations all round.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Passo,

Thank you for your review of your recent 2 night break with us.

You paint a lovely picture of the views and ambiance while looking over the harbour sipping a few drinks.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your suite and the views from the rooms and that you found the staff pleasant and efficient. I am pleased that you enjoyed your meal in the Wharf Tavern although you were disappointed that the Pier One restaurant wasn't open on that particular evening. (Pier One will be open every evening throughout the rest of the summer). The quality and variety of the food on offer in the Wharf Tavern has been commented on favourably as is it's casual but efficient atmosphere.

Thank you for your kind comments and I hope we will see you soon again.

Managing Director

Been to Trident Hotel Kinsale? Share your experiences!