“Prince Leopold Donchield Zu Leone II visit to The Trident Hotel in Kinsale” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trident Hotel Kinsale

You added Trident Hotel Kinsale to your Saves list
Trident Hotel Kinsale
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   World's End, Kinsale, Ireland   |
Special Offer
Discover Kinsale Special
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Kinsale
Zurich, Switzerland
“Prince Leopold Donchield Zu Leone II visit to The Trident Hotel in Kinsale”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Very nice hotel with a stunning sea view over the port of Kinsale.
Top class service and hospitality, excellent hotel bar and restaurant.
The town of Kinsale has a lot to offer, really picturesque sea side town in the south of Ireland. Very much worth a visit.
HSH Prince Leopold Donchield Zu Leone II, Sierra Leone

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Prince Leopold,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you found top class service and hospitality in a picturesque setting.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Upstate NY Grandma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Trident Hotel is in a perfect location on the harbor in Kinsale, Ireland. Overall, the hotel could use a bit of renovation, but was perfectly adequate. Admittedly, the 1st room we were given was quite noisy, with only a very tiny view of the harbor, and mostly of the street, houses, and car park behind the building, but I asked, and we were moved to a different room with a much better harbor view. The rooms and corridors need new carpet, but they appeared clean and fresh, just worn. Lunch and dinner in the Wharf Tavern were very good, and the breakfast buffet served in the Pier One Restaurant was tasty, too. The views from Pier One were spectacular. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. On the downside, the hotel is advertised as a 4-star, luxury hotel, with free Internet service in every bedroom, but I think it only rates 3 stars, due to condition, and our only reliable Internet service was found in the lounge, or on the patio outside the lounge (rather chilly in early April!). As we went in search of Internet service one evening, we encountered another couple we'd met earlier...and they, too, were searching for WiFi because it wasn't available in their room either.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room away from the back street.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear grandmamce,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to the Trident Hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our harbour side location. I am glad that the staff were able to help by changing your room from a river view to a harbour view.

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff. I am sorry that you encountered problems with the WiFi which is available, free of charge, in all public areas and most of our bedrooms.

We have an ongoing refurbishment programme and I can confirm that we do comply with all requirements for our 4* rating.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Trident Hotel and Kinsale in the near future.

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have stayed several times in Kinsale and this was my first time to stay in the Trident Hotel. The Trident Hotel is one of those wonderful hotels that remains utterly professional and attentive but with warmth and friendlessness that made my Weekend one to remember. I arrived late Friday nite to be greated with a lovely toastie that was no trouble whatsoever, Saturday I enjoyed a lovely brunch in the Bar, while I was there, I could overhear the staff letting fellow guests know there was a Chowder Festival on in the town so they could attend while they were visiting. From Housekeeping, to Reception staff, to Bar Staff, to the Nite Porter, to the Chef I commend you all for such a wonderful job. Oh and the View in the Suite is'nt half bad either. Thanks again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear keentraveller68,

Thank you for your very positive review of the Trident Hotel.

"Wonderful in every way" is a superb accolade, thank you - I think we will have to put you on our marketing staff!

We very much appreciate your kind comments and particularly that you remembered members of staff for some of the smaller things that matter, and the people behind the scenes who are sometimes forgotten. It is also sometimes forgotten that there are real people behind both positive and negative experiences - thank you.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Trident Hotel in the near future.

Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed here with my husband to celebrate my mums 50th in Kinsale. The hotel is located in a lovely area only a 5-7 minute walk from Kinsale town. We had a lovely big room with a view of the Marina and boats. My only issue with the room would be that the decor and furniture needs updating. The view from the room makes up for this issue though. The breakfast was very nice plenty of choice but I was a bit annoyed with the staff because we were a big group and wanted to have breakfast together and instead the waitress made us squash on to a small table and not everyone could fit so we were separated and there was a big table available. But overall would recommend this hotel to friends and would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear ScientistIreland,

Thank you for your positive review of your recent stay at the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you got pleasure from our location both over the water and near the town.

I'm sorry that there was a mix-up with your breakfast table but hopefully it didn't take from your experience.

I hope you will be back soon.

Louisville, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My spouse and I had the good fortune to spend the first evening of our 25th anniversary trip to Ireland at the Trident. Kinsale is a spectacular town, with narrow streets climbing precipitous hillsides. Passing through this beautiful town, you are almost leaving from the south end when you bump into the Trident. This property is arranged about a motor court, so parking shouldn't be a problem. The best rooms are focused with a view towards the working harbor and the headlands across the bay. Occupancy was low when we arrived, and we were bumped up to an executive suite gratis. Spectacular! All sights and sounds of the main part of town are easily walkable, so leave the car and take to the streets. But stay in for breakfast - not to be missed, with the harbor in the background and smoked salmon on the buffet.

Room Tip: Get a room in the 10's (100 - 110, 200 - 210, etc) - killer view through the expansive windows o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Skierguy,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to the Trident Hotel.

Congratulations on your 25th Wedding Anniversary! I am delighted that you stayed with us for your first night in Ireland to celebrate this special anniversary.

Your description of your arrival in Kinsale is wonderful - I want to go there! I have lived here for 26 years and see this every day and it is great to see it described by someone looking with 'new eyes'!

Thank you for taking the time to share your very positive experience and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon (don't wait 25 years).

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We arrived on friday 12th april , long drive and check in was easy and the girls on reception were friendly and helpful, rooms good size, second door between main door and bedroom cuts down out any noise. Had an evening meal in resturant on saturday evening, menu a bit limited , i would have liked a bit more choice, food was ordered, service was good and food very nice, staff pleasant . All in all a nice relaxing weekend , this was our third time staying and we shall be back .

• Stayed April 2013
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Girvin 57,

Thank you for your positive review of your recent visit to the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you had a nice relaxing stay and that you found the staff pleasant and the food nice.

I am pleased that you have been her on a number of occasions and that you plan on coming back - a good sign!

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Navan, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I booked this hotel as i was the best man for a small stag party. Managed to book twin rooms for €55 per person bed & breakfast. I dealt with eleanor via phone and email on a number of occasions in the weeks leading up to the party and always found her to be polite and professional. Finding the hotel was easy enough and there was adequate parking. Contrary to the last review I found no fault with the staff working at reception, they were prompt, welcoming, polite and helpful. I was given room 220, it was amazing, you are on top of water practically, looking out onto water to your front and to your right, world class amazing views of kinsale harbour. we ate a delicious and hearty breakfast the following morning where there were a number of wide selections in cereals, juices, fruit and fry ups, very accommodating staff, we booked 7 rooms, no complaints regarding noise either, top class spot, will most definitely stay again

Room Tip: 220, breathtaking views
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Brendan (I presume),

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you found everything to your satisfaction. Good value, excellent breakfast and attentive staff in a super location!

I hope that you will have the opportunity to come back again soon.

Managing Director

Been to Trident Hotel Kinsale? Share your experiences!